Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Windows* 8.1 Driver (32 & 64 bit) - Version 3316

NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Greetings everyone!

We have officially launched our latest driver supporting 3rd and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD/Iris™ Graphics for Microsoft* Windows 8.1. The version is 3316 and is available at the following locations.

32-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23324&lang=eng Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23324/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3316_32.pdf here.

64-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23323&lang=eng Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23323/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3316_64.pdf here.

Also; http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm Windows* 8/8.1 Graphics FAQ.

Since this is our first official driver to support Windows* 8.1 - we are very excited to hear your constructive feedback. We have a good track record with these feedback pages in the past though So feel free to continue contributing any/all constructive feedback here. Additionally, if there are issues that carried over from previous drivers that you are still experiencing, feel free to announce them again here.

I ask that you preface the feedback with a bolded heading so that it will be easier to identify, example: Control Panel: It would be cool if X was added. BUG: This application is now crashing and it didn't with the last driver!

I also ask that you keep focused on this specific driver. Any off-topic/off-driver/off-product comments will be promptly deleted! If you have any issues with installing the driver, or are unable to get to the driver download pages linked above, please submit those comments in an original thread. Also, please do not message me directly about issues with the driver, keep them in this thread - I will check it daily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-INFORMATION WE ARE COLLECTING-

EDIT: We are currently collecting the following information. For both users who have already posted here, as well as users who are going to post here, please provide the following information:

* Which error are you having? Code 43 or 31 (Other)?

* Do you have a 3rd party graphics card in your system? (aka Discrete Card, Add-On Graphics Card)

* If so, what is the make/model of that card?

* If so, what driver do you have installed for that card?

* What is the make/model of your system? (full model name please)

EDIT:

I've got a specific data call for users who meet all of the following criteria;

• Do not have a 3rd party graphics card installed in their system
  • Are experiencing either Code 31, Code 43, black screens
  • Have driver 3316 installed on Windows* 8.1

The data request is as such; We need to collect the complete 'System Driver' information from your system for investigation purposes. In order to provide us a copy of this information, follow these steps.

1. Start -> Run -> msinfo32
  2. Expand the 'Software Environment' section
  3. Select 'System Drivers'
  4. File -> Export -> Give the file a name
  5. Attach the file to a response here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you very much!

-Nic

0 Kudos
491 Replies
RFont1
Beginner

Is there any progress on this issue? Come on Intel, it's been some weeks now since 8.1 is out. I still can't use my laptop properly! Why no status updates?

0 Kudos
AAleg
Beginner

Installing version 9.17.10.2817 of the Intel HD 4000 driver worked for me. You can download it here:

http://support.lenovo.com/de_DE/detail.page?DocID=DS031243 0mvg11w8_64.exe

(It works even if you don't have a Lenovo)

Enjoy

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

I know it's known since years for the expert and Intel isn't interested to fix but as expected AF in control panel is still broken. No surprise really.

0 Kudos
MBank1
Beginner

BUG: Code 43 Error Before & After Driver Upgrade

Code 43

* Do you have a 3rd party graphics card in your system? (aka Discrete Card, Add-On Graphics Card)

No, only using HD 4000

HP 2000t-2d00
0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

@angeliti: For help with that product you will have to contact Apple*.

@nic727: Intel® does not directly provide drivers for Windows* 8.1 with the 1st Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics. You will need to obtain drivers from Windows* Update. However - there is no driver support, from us or Microsoft* - to provide Windows* 8.1 drivers for that product generation.

@Yups: AF? Explanation please.

@everyone: Sorry for the slow response. We've been testing with all sorts of configurations recently. It would appear that AMD* has released (which has been pointed out multiple times thus far) a beta driver that resolves a majority of the issues for Intel® + AMD* users. We're working with Microsoft* right now to identify the source of the issue with users that are only using Intel®. I cannot provide an ETA on a fix though, as it has been neither identified or resolved that I am aware of. For users with Intel® + Nvidia* - we are still looking for a resolution.

These things take time; especially when you're working with multiple external parties - hence the slow response from me recently.

Please keep providing your feedback, whether it be constructive or negative .

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
BJ1
Beginner
0 Kudos
RFont1
Beginner

thanks for the update, well done and good luck.

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

AF is a common shortcut for anisotropic filtering. It makes ground textures sharp and detailed. If it doesn't work it looks blurry. In directx games Intels control panel AF settings have no effect. It currently works like a clamp button and since years it never worked properly. Clamp AF is pointless since that requires AF enabling through an ingame AF option. Many games and expecially older games don't have that. As a result...

http://www.3dcenter.org/image/view/7584/_original http://www.3dcenter.org/image/view/7584/_original

http://www.3dcenter.org/image/view/7585/_original http://www.3dcenter.org/image/view/7585/_original

...a blurry mess of ground textures. First is from Intel and looks blurry, second Nvidia with sharp ground textures. 16xAF was enabled in Intels control panel but no effect, Oblivion don't have AF ingame support.

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

Having installed the regular Microsoft Tuesday patches (12/11/2013), the driver 3316 (01/10/2013) malfunctioned again with the code 52. The setting was:

BIOS: Intel graphics as primary and enable if primary

AMD driver: stable Catalyst driver 13.9 without HDMI Audio.

Having uninstalled 3116 and its files, the computer rebooted with the Microsoft basic driver for the Intel graphics. Then I installed the 3116 driver 03/10/2013 from the Intel download site and the above setting

works correctly again with the extended displays.

0 Kudos
JChia19
Beginner

Hi,

got an error while trying to install 32-bit driver for my Windows 8.1,

I'm using Dell inspiron 15 notebook.

Processor: Intel Core i3-3227U CPU @1.9GHz

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000

Driver ver: 10.18.10.3316

I'm trying to install Win32_15335, and the installer give me the error message. as one of my programs neeeded to run on 32-bit driver, I already have 64-bit driver in the system.

below is the screenshot of the error.

0 Kudos
JCheu4
Beginner

Hi,

Following the instruction of re-installing the driver to upgrade to 3316, the driver can finally successfully installed.

However, the resolution cannot be turned into 1920x1080 in win8.1. Although the Windows control panel and Intel graphics control panel show it is in 1920x1080, the actual display resolution is only 1536x864 shown on Geforce Experience.

Asus R552J

Processor: Intel Core i7-4700HQ CPU @2.40GHz

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4600 and Nvidia Geforce 750M

Driver ver: 10.18.10.3316

0 Kudos
DOakl
Beginner

Hi!

After I installed Windows 8.1 on my Dell laptop, I tried to play a game of League of Legends(LoL). About 10 minutes into the game, my screen goes black and says something along the lines of ":( Something bad has occurred... If you would like to know more, you can search online later for this error: DRIVER IRQL OR EQUAL (igdkmd64.sys)." I contacted Microsoft Help forums and they did what they could and sent me here saying I have a driver issue. I have played LoL for about a year and was wondering what was happening.

Thanks!

Daniel O.

0 Kudos
RBarn4
Beginner

I have been reading through this post for a while. What occurs to me as I review the original post and the responses is this:

1) The original author asks that only constructive criticism be placed in the forum.

2) Speaking as a technical person, the attempts to supply a real solution are shoddy at best. It is apparent to all but the most naive of users that the 8.1 64 bit drivers are not readily accepted by most system. For all the money that has gone into the product we are not wrong to expect better driver support.

3) Numerous people are saying that they have lost the ability to use multiple monitors and cannot duplicate their display. Let us say it together now... UNACCEPTABLE.

Here are a few recommendations:

1) Acknowledge and own the problem. Propose a date on which the solution will be provided. Be conservative.

2) Provide a video tutorial showing the problem as it appears on a few major machine types. E.g., show the problem as it appears on a Sony VAIO and an Asus. Show us the resolutions with the steps you took to get there.

3) Be honest about the fact that the current solution is weak at best.

I have enjoyed Intel products and have steadfastly refused to buy AMD. But this is some of the worst support I have ever seen. We need better. And we know that the fine people at Intel can do better. They have done excellent jobs supporting their chips, print servers, and other products. Do not ask us to refrain from the full gamut of criticism when only proffering poor support.

Help us Intel!

Wavering Believer,

Roderick L. Barnes, Sr.

0 Kudos
VZak
Beginner

New drivers not sollve my problem - driver stop working after Win8-64Bit to Win8.1-64Bit update, it is impossible to select multi-monitor and screen resolutioon. It is also Blue screen on start up.

Below requested information:

I try last 2 Inter drivers ( 10.18.10.3308 and 10.18.10.3316) with same result.

Code 43

NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M

I try 3 NVIDIA drivers (with all combinations with mention above 2 Intel drivers):

9.18.13.3165 (latest driver from 23/10/2013)

notebook ASUS N76VB Windows8.1 64Bit

0 Kudos
RBarn4
Beginner

Nic,

After a little consternation I got some relief? That is, my graphics drivers on my Sony VAIO (SVF version) are working. What did I do? Glad you asked.

Materials to be Gathered

Get the older driver from the Sony site. In this case mine is 9.17.10.2963.

The Process (Praying Helps for those Who Do): Live in the Past

1) Uninstall the 3316 drivers.

2) Reboot the machine. It will likely prompt you to do this anyway.

3) Go into the control panel -> System -> Device Manager -> Display. The Driver tab of the Intel HD Graphics 4000 will still be there. Why? I do not know. But you will see in the driver tab that the drivers have not been uninstalled.

4) Uninstall the 3316 drivers again. Yes, I had to do this twice. I specified that the files are to be removed from the machine. Do not try to install the old drivers until you have booted the machine.

5) Reboot the machine.

6) Go into the control panel -> System -> Device Manager -> Display. You cannot move forward until the Intel(R) HD Graphics text is no longer displayed as a display adapter. Is it gone? If the answer is Yes you can go to step seven.

7) Install the new drivers.

😎 You guessed it... reboot the machine.

9) Go into the control panel -> System -> Device Manager. At first nothing changed; my system still showed that the display adapter was not Intel. But then the screen flickered and the the new drivers went into effect. See Figure 1.

Figure 1: Sony VAIO Display Adapter Driver Information after Driver Regression

All of my graphics modes work now.

I hope this helps, Nic.

In His grip by His grace,

Roderick

P.S. If I were not under a deadline to provide a solution to a customer I would have provided more screenshots and verbiage.

0 Kudos
JSabo2
Beginner

Well... I thought I found a solution, guess I was wrong. After my computer went to sleep, I am unable to extend my screen again. Answering original question for Nic.

* Which error are you having? Code 43 or 31 (Other)? Code 43

* Do you have a 3rd party graphics card in your system? (aka Discrete Card, Add-On Graphics Card) No

Toshiba Satellite S855

Model: PSKFUU-001003

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi everyone,

For those of you who are Asus* Taichi21 users - we have good news! Asus* will be providing a firmware update for your devices (should be in the form of a BIOS update). It should hopefully resolve the non-functioning touch-screen issue you are experiencing. I do not have an ETA on when you will be able to find the update though, so you'll have to contact Asus* directly to get information on it.

For everyone experiencing Code 31, 43, missing multi-display, loss of brightness controls, black screens and blue screens - we are definitely still working on it. Sorry for the duration of this ongoing issue !

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
BJ1
Beginner
0 Kudos
blore1
Beginner

Thanks Nic, that's very good news. Hilariously enough, asus emailed me last night and told me that they had "figured out" the issue, but that I had to mail them my computer to have them fix it. I'm not doing an RMA for this purpose. I'm glad you at least have some sense about all of this.

0 Kudos
JCanc
Beginner

Hi Nic and thanks for this updates.

Any progress with the HDMI audio loss on a full Intel configuration (ie no nvdia or amd card, only Intel HD Graphics 4600) ?

Thank you

JN

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi everyone,

I've got a specific data call for users who meet all of the following criteria;

• Do not have a 3rd party graphics card installed in their system
  • Are experiencing either Code 31, Code 43, black screens
  • Have driver 3316 installed on Windows* 8.1

The data request is as such;

We need to collect the complete 'System Driver' information from your system for investigation purposes. In order to provide us a copy of this information, follow these steps.

1. Start -> Run -> msinfo32
  2. Expand the 'Software Environment' section
  3. Select 'System Drivers'
  4. File -> Export -> Give the file a name
  5. Attach the file to a response here

Why? There exists a possibility that some proxy drivers have been enabled/running on your system that are not supposed to, potentially causing the above symptoms.

@Everyone with AMD* cards in their system experiencing Code 31/43. Our debug engineers have learned that the AMD* driver is force-unloading our driver, resulting in these messages. With Windows* 8.1 there were some changes to how systems handle internal graphics + 3rd party graphics - specifically, the graphics drivers themselves are no longer responsible for facilitating the cooperation between graphics hardware. As of Windows* 8.1, this is now the responsibility of the operating system itself. Our drivers were designed with that idea in mind, and worked through the Windows* 8.1 beta drivers we released as well.

That being said, we are still working with AMD* to come up with a resolution for this issue - specifically for their driver to not boot ours out. We are unsure at this time if it is the same issue with NVidia* configurations as well - but are working to identify that.

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos