Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Windows* 8.1 Driver (32 & 64 bit) - Version 3316

NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Greetings everyone!

We have officially launched our latest driver supporting 3rd and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD/Iris™ Graphics for Microsoft* Windows 8.1. The version is 3316 and is available at the following locations.

32-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23324&lang=eng Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23324/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3316_32.pdf here.

64-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23323&lang=eng Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23323/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3316_64.pdf here.

Also; http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm Windows* 8/8.1 Graphics FAQ.

Since this is our first official driver to support Windows* 8.1 - we are very excited to hear your constructive feedback. We have a good track record with these feedback pages in the past though So feel free to continue contributing any/all constructive feedback here. Additionally, if there are issues that carried over from previous drivers that you are still experiencing, feel free to announce them again here.

I ask that you preface the feedback with a bolded heading so that it will be easier to identify, example: Control Panel: It would be cool if X was added. BUG: This application is now crashing and it didn't with the last driver!

I also ask that you keep focused on this specific driver. Any off-topic/off-driver/off-product comments will be promptly deleted! If you have any issues with installing the driver, or are unable to get to the driver download pages linked above, please submit those comments in an original thread. Also, please do not message me directly about issues with the driver, keep them in this thread - I will check it daily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-INFORMATION WE ARE COLLECTING-

EDIT: We are currently collecting the following information. For both users who have already posted here, as well as users who are going to post here, please provide the following information:

* Which error are you having? Code 43 or 31 (Other)?

* Do you have a 3rd party graphics card in your system? (aka Discrete Card, Add-On Graphics Card)

* If so, what is the make/model of that card?

* If so, what driver do you have installed for that card?

* What is the make/model of your system? (full model name please)

EDIT:

I've got a specific data call for users who meet all of the following criteria;

• Do not have a 3rd party graphics card installed in their system
  • Are experiencing either Code 31, Code 43, black screens
  • Have driver 3316 installed on Windows* 8.1

The data request is as such; We need to collect the complete 'System Driver' information from your system for investigation purposes. In order to provide us a copy of this information, follow these steps.

1. Start -> Run -> msinfo32
  2. Expand the 'Software Environment' section
  3. Select 'System Drivers'
  4. File -> Export -> Give the file a name
  5. Attach the file to a response here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you very much!

-Nic

0 Kudos
491 Replies
SDunb1
Beginner

I'm also getting a "system requirements not met" message on my Sony VAIO S15, which has a Nvidia 740M LE in hybrid with Intel graphics.

0 Kudos
RPasq1
Beginner

Hi Brian BotKiller

REF: TAICHI21

I read the ASUS answer that you received and really theses peoples are fully useless. I just tried what they ask you to do with the two drivers that they supposed to released for W8.1, ATK Close_Lid Vers. V1.1.8 and ATKACPI Vers. V1.0.0.030, After installing thoses 2 drivers I tried to reinstall the 3316 graphic intel driver and it won't work at all. I get the same issue (no tablet display, impossible to switch from laptop to tablet and to mirror) than originally when I upgraded to W8.1. So, as far I am concern it's a big lie from ASUS, they don't solve the problem.

What I have done finally few minutes ago is to roll back again my graphic driver to original W8 one meaning 9.17.10.2857, date:13/09/2012 and now again everything is working fine under W8.1.

Brian, you are not alone to have the this issue we are many. ASUS promised us the best service ever for TAICHI owners but that was a show for marketing only. In reality they absolutely don't support us except to tell you to send back your computer under RMA.

Sorry, is not the appropriate forum for complain but we have to communicate one way or the other.

Please, all Folks that own Taichi21 under W8.1 x 64 system, please try to roll back your driver, it worked fine for me. Prior that, uninstall all graphic display drivers that you have, from Programs and Features and in Device Manager too. Be sure to go back to VGA BASIC DISPLAY DRIVER. restart your unit and after that install the 2857. It should works

Regards

0 Kudos
BJ1
Beginner

Sorry Corsican1 but IMO 2857 may allow you to use your tablet screen it does NOT "work" with Win8.1. 2857 is not a Miracast capable driver so while you may have gained your use of your tablet screen you have lost your Win8.1 ability to use Miracast as an external display technology. Yes you can supplement by continuing to use Intel's WiDi for this but it's kinda redundant to install software that duplicates functions that are now natively supported in the OS, especially when that software doesn't offer any significant advantages.

0 Kudos
RPasq1
Beginner

Hi lqdchkn!

You are right, you already reply to me on that issue earlier on this forum, sorry.... memory memory. But I still hope that for other Taichi21 owners that don't use Miracast it works

Bye!

0 Kudos
NBrow2
Beginner

I have met all these requirements:

• Do not have a 3rd party graphics card installed in their system
  • Are experiencing either Code 31, Code 43, black screens (CODE 43 is my issue)
  • Have driver 3316 installed on Windows* 8.1

Please see attached files

0 Kudos
WAgar
Novice

Driver 3345 is available on Intel Download page for 3rd & 4th generation. Installed properly in manual mode. Then I updated the High Definition Audio driver using the same driver in manual mode. Both good so far. Desktop computer with 3rd generation Z77 chipset and separate AMD Radeon HD6850 video card (previously at beta driver 9.2).

Installed properly in manual mode. Then I updated the High Definition Audio driver using the same driver in manual mode. Both good so far. Desktop computer with 3rd generation Z77 chipset and separate AMD Radeon HD6850 video card (previously at beta driver 9.2).&# 13; &# 13; Message was edited by: William Agar

0 Kudos
RPasq1
Beginner

Hi!

I tried it (3345) this afternoon but for us Taichi21 Owner it's useless, it won't work.

bye!

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

The system: the motherboard: Intel DZ77GA-70K

the processor: Intel 3770K

AMD card: HD6450

BIOS setting: the Intel graphics as primary, enable if primary

Uninstalled the AMD Catalyst 13.9 stable driver and the Intel driver 3116. Express installed the AMD Catalyst 13.9 stable driver (without excluding the HDMI Audio part) and the Intel driver 3345. The combination works OK. with the extended displays. It seems that Intel has resolved the original issue with the driver 3316 for the users of the Intel 3rd generation processors and AMD cards. .

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

Remark:

I have not tried the combination of the AMD 13. 9 Catalyst driver and the Intel 3345 driver for the situation in which the AMD card acts as primary, so I do not know if they work correctly even for this setting..

0 Kudos
BJ1
Beginner

Oooooo I wanna try 3345. But Intel apparently needs more DL mirrors because trying to suck 137MB through a 7.15KB/sec pipe is agonizing You guys using dial-up back there or what?

0 Kudos
capod
Beginner

Hi I have just updated my bios to 1.40 and went to download newest windows 8.1 driver i get to the wizard and then it downloads all the contents but then i get an error saying this I have Intel HD 4400 graphics intel I5-4200u processor

0 Kudos
capod
Beginner
0 Kudos
MBank1
Beginner

System information, per your request:

0 Kudos
JCanc
Beginner

What a disappontment The new 3345 drivers does not fix the HDMI audio loss problem.

My HTPC and me (and my wife! ) are crying. So much restarts !

Please correct this! It's been one month now since these problems appears !

Thank you

0 Kudos
BJ1
Beginner

Well finally got 3345 downloaded and it installed fine on my Taichi21 so at least that's improvement over 3316. However that was the only improvement.:( Everything else appears to be the same performance wise.

0 Kudos
MMois1
Beginner

I have an DELL Inspiron N5110 with Intel Core i7-2670QM(2nd gen) with a video card Intel HD Graphics 4000. I have installed Windows 8.1 x64 but I couldn't find the drivers for my video card. What can I do ?

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi everyone,

@Taichi21 users; I have been informed that your firmware update is not quite ready. I apologize for the confusion, we were told that Asus* would be ready with it a lot sooner than this. For now though, they have offered a work-around for the non-functioning touch screen issue, which I will outline below;

1. Install the latest driver from DownloadCenter (currently version 3345)
  2. Press Windows+X keys and select 'Programs and Features'
  3. Find the 'ASUS Close Lid' program -> Right click -> Uninstall.
  4. Reboot the computer
  5. Go to your Asus* Taichi21 support website, download the 'ASUS Close Lid V1.1.8' software from the 'Utility' section
  6. Install this software
  7. Reboot system
  8. Confirm/Deny within this thread whether the touch screen issue is resolved.

Thanks!

-Nic

NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
BJ1
Beginner

@nic

Unless install order of operations is important with Asus Close Lid 1.1.8 and 3345 on Taichi21, I can confirm that there is no difference from 3316 as noted above.

I have been using Close Lid 1.1.8 since it was released and just added 3345 last night. I will try removing and reinstalling Close Lid 1.1.8 now that 3345 is installed and see if it makes any difference later tonight when I get home.

Thanks for the advice, will report back !https://communities.intel.com/images/emoticons/happy.gif|___jive_emoticon_name=happy|jivemacro=emoticon|class=jive_macro https://communities.intel.com/images/emoticons/happy.gif|___jive_emoticon_name=happy|jivemacro=emoticon|class=jive_macro jive_emote|src=https://communities.intel.com/images/emoticons/happy.gif https://communities.intel.com/images/emoticons/happy.gif!

To recap:

Close Lid 1.1.8 + 3345 = no change from using 3316 and Close Lid 1.1.8

3345 + Close Lid 1.1.8 = will test this evening

EDIT removed and reinstalled CL1.1.8 and things are not any different

0 Kudos
AMill24
Beginner

@nic and everyone,

I am happy (and frustrated) to say that I have resolved my issue w/ Code 43. I have a discrete NVIDIA card in addition to my Intel HD 4600. Anyways, my issue was caused by the drivers I had installed for a Cable Matters USB 3.0 to HDMI adapter. I uninstalled them this weekend because I got rid of the adapter and voila, suddenly everything was working as expected - brightness, Intel control panel, HDMI out, etc... The drivers I had installed were the ones listed here under Windows: http://www.cablematters.com/cs-Downloads.aspx Drivers & Downloads. They worked without issue in Windows 8 and it didn't even cross my mind to try removing them (my fault). Not sure if this is helpful to anyone, but thought I'd share. I would have posted sooner, but the Intel site seemed to have JS issues and the 'reply' button didn't work.

0 Kudos
blore1
Beginner

Nope, this half-assed attempt by Asus doesn't fix it. In fact, it's worse, because with the latest Intel driver, the touchscreen won't flip over at all when you close the lid.

So, 2857 is still the best one, and it works for a little while, then simply stops flipping altogether.

Hope Asus is on that "fix", and not just jacking us around...

0 Kudos