Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20943 Discussions

Windows update keeps trying to update graphics driver to 26.20.100.7323

cihad
Beginner

I am using win 11 and intel uhd graphics 620 is listed in the device manager. Driver is seen 31.0.101.2115 and everytime WU is trying to update the graphics driver to 26.20.100.7323 even I am already using more recent version. This update is always listed but fails everytime. System scan results are attached.

How to fix ?

My some live classes were dropped I think this could be the reason while trying to update but I am not sure.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You can use the Windows-Update Show-Hide tool to hide these old updates. Information on using it is here: Using the MS Windows Update Show-Hide Troubleshooter. The download link in this article is broken, however. Here is proper link: Download MS Windows Update Show-Hide Troubleshooter.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You can use the Windows-Update Show-Hide tool to hide these old updates. Information on using it is here: Using the MS Windows Update Show-Hide Troubleshooter. The download link in this article is broken, however. Here is proper link: Download MS Windows Update Show-Hide Troubleshooter.

Hope this helps,

...S

jhunzy
Beginner

First of all, this solution means I have to check everyday to see if Microsoft has lined up this update so I can prevent by "Hiding" the update.

Secondly, the Show-Hide tool is being removed by MS.

Is there another way to stop this update? Maybe some configuration that will stop updates of 3rd party hardware drivers?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

As I said, the link is broken - simply because MS removed it (IDK why) - but I do know I have used it successfully on both Windows 10 and Windows 11. I attached a ZIP file providing the tool (which runs as a troubleshooter).

The only other way to stop this from happening is to turn off driver updating completely. 

Sorry,

...S

0 Kudos