Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20894 Discussions

Wrong cache location

YorkWaugh
Beginner

My processor is i7-12700, graphics driver 101.5085, Windows 11 22631.3007. Every time I open a UWP app (e.g. System Settings, phone link, new version of Notepad, etc.), it creates  files in the "AppData\LocalLow" directory. The problem disappeared after backtracking to a version prior to 101.4577. I found similar files in the "AppData\LocalLow\Intel\ShaderCache" directory, where they should be stored.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello YorkWaugh 

I want to have a better understanding of your issue. We have tried opening the file you have sent but it seems it is corrupted. As such, kindly please share us the following information instead: 

1. What kind of UWP app are you using?
  2. Kindly please run our Intel System Support Utility so we can better understand your system at this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html. Please send us the .txt files 
  3. What happens to the app and it's impact when the cache is stored in AppData\LocalLow directory? 
  4. Are there any recent changes that you have made before the directory changed?

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
YorkWaugh
Beginner

I changed my PC from Windows 10 to Windows 11 last month with a fresh install.After installing the newer graphics drivers, opening most UWP apps (almost all of them) the LocalLow folder brings up these files directly. I'm guessing this is an Intel log file, and if I roll back to the older drivers this problem goes away. It doesn't have a substantial impact, it's just annoying.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hi YorkWaugh,

We were just looking for an update regarding the information we requested. Kindly please let us know about this information so we can take the next steps needed to solve this issue. Thank you. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello YorkWaugh,

Since this is an OEM (Branded Laptop) original equipment manufacturer device, please take into consideration that our support may be limited since we are not familiar with the technology, settings, customizations, custom drivers, and features that the OEM has designed and installed your system, nevertheless, I will do my best to assist you with your concern.

Upon checking, I noticed you are using our generic drivers. We highly recommend using the one recommended by your OEM instead as this is specifically configurated to your system. You may download the latest version at this link: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkbook-series/thinkbook-14-g4-plus-iap/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Graphics%20Processing%20Units%20%28GPU%29%20and%20Server-AI%20Accelerators&id=635380F4-448F-4129-AA77-265289D96F6F

Let us know if this helps solve the issue. Additionally, are you experiencing display issues in your system ?

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello YorkWaugh, 

I am just looking for an update if the troubleshooting worked for you. Kindly please let us know if the issue still persists after updating to OEM drivers. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello YorkWaugh, 

As I have not heard a response from you, we will proceed in closing this case. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos