Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21018 Discussions

Wrong display connector shown in Arc Control

Adrian_Vasile_C_
Beginner

Hello

I have an Intel Arc A770 LE 16GB with one monitor connected over HDMI.
I also have an integrated Intel UHD 770 (i7-13900K) with one monitor connected over USB-C.
Latest graphics driver version 31.0.101.4577.

When I go to Display Information tab in Arc Control I see DP connector shown for both monitors, despite in reality none of them use the DisplayPort connector (one of the monitors does not even support it).

I have attached the Graphics bug report template with all the details, and the SSU and Command Center report.

--
Best regards,
Adrian Constantin

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Adrian_Vasile_C_,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. I see that you are having issues with your Intel® Arc™ Control, I understand how important is for you to have this software working, I will be happy to help you.  

To have a better understanding of the situation, please answer the following questions:

Let me know the results.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Adrian_Vasile_C_,

Were you able to update the driver to version 31.0.101.4644?   

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,   

Andres P.   

0 Kudos
Adrian_Vasile_C_
Beginner

Same issue with the new driver as well:

Adrian_Vasile_C__0-1692729348379.png

Adrian_Vasile_C__1-1692729371729.png

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Adrian_Vasile_C_,

Thank you for your response, all the information provided has been really helpful.

I will start with an investigation of the issue to provide you with accurate information, as soon I have further details I will let you know.

Regards, 

Andres P.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Adrian_Vasile_C_,

Thank you for your time.

I have been working on the investigation, in this case we have two situations here:

1. For the HDMI signal, we have a known issue listed on our release notes "The “Connector” type in the Display page may incorrectly show DP* when using an HDMI* display connection.” We are aware of this issue and we are working really hard to solve it as soon as possible.
  2. For the USB-C it might be carrying a DP signal, so it might be reporting correctly, was it always reported DP or was it reported differently at any moment?

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Sakura81
Beginner

I have the exact same problem with my Iris XE in a NUC11PAHi5.
I installed the latest (yesterday it seems) driver with Number  31.0.101.5444 which states the issue as fixed. But it actually isn't.

Still the same DP as Connection shown when HDMI is connected.

The main Problem for me is, I cannot change the quantization range to limited this way (the menu options do not appear when it thinks its display Port) also YCbCr is not possible as Colorspace (there is just no Option).
So I have major issues with connecting to an older TV of mine. I need to set it to limited to function correctly but the driver / Controlpanel won't let me. So it's pretty much unusable on that TV ... I got back to my old NUC7i5 which does it correctly.

Edit: tried connecting my nuc11 to my Samsung Q9FN and Marantz AVR  both show no picture at all with hdmi. with a usb-c to hdmi adapter and plugging the cable into the usb-c of that nuc it works but Audio passthrough is problematic with that. Actually a Nuc7i5 and a NUC8i5 work on this setup. This is definitely a driver related problem. The handshake is not working properly

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Adrian_Vasile_C_,

Were you able to check the previous post? I would like to know if it was reported as DP or if it was reported differently at any moment.

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,   

Andres P.   

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Adrian_Vasile_C_,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards, 

Andres P.   

0 Kudos
Adrian_Vasile_C_
Beginner

Hello

1. For the HDMI connector shown as DP, I have not read the release notes (and the link above to the release notes is now inaccessible, as new Arc Control versions were released). So if it is was known issue, then it answers my ticket.
  2. Yes, USB-C always carries DisplayPort data when connected to a monitor (using DisplayPort Alt Mode for USB-C). So does Intel really plan to always show a DisplayPort connector instead of USB-C for this case ? Because I would expect Intel to do better then that...

Thank you for your support anyway, and hope at least the HDMI issue can be fixed soon...

0 Kudos