Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20741 Discussions

X-Plane 12 Support

ECVPH
Novice

Hello there,

i purchased ARC 770 saturday, but i can´t start x-plane 12 because of missing drivers

I had to put my my old rtx 2070 super back in. Is there a solution near with the missing vulkan

drivers?.

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
68 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello ECVPH

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues when trying to execute Xplane-12. Please let us know the following information to assist you with this issue:

• Please attach screenshots of the error messages if any.
  • Is Resizable BAR enabled on your system?
  • What distribution service was the game downloaded from?
  • Create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it.

Best regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

ECVPH
Novice

Hello again,

and many thanks for your fast response. As requested i attached the available log files.

-Resizeable BAR was activated in the BIOS

-Distribution was downloaded from X-Plane.com (Laminar Research)

Additional there is a X-Plane .org Forum (If you might search for triplemon on Arc 770 entry).

And again many thanks for your efforts.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello ECVPH

Thank you for sharing this information with us. Before we further look into this issue, please let's try the latest graphics driver version 30.0.101.4123, and install it through a clean installation.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
ECVPH
Novice

Hello Hugo O.,

i tried the 4123 Beta Driver already, but i have still the same issues posted above.

Thanks for reply and

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello ECVPH

Thank you for testing the driver, Just to make sure that all available drivers are tested, Could you please try out the driver that just came out today? The driver version is 30.0.101.4125.

Best Regards,

Hugo O,

0 Kudos
ECVPH
Novice

Hello Hugo O.,

i just tried 4125. Unfortunately the same results. "failed to initialise vulkan drivers" in x-plane 12 log.txt.

Thanks again and

Best Regards

0 Kudos
OE-DJ1
Beginner
Hello,

may I jump in here, X-Plane/Intel user, too? I hope, it's not seen as inpolite to post here.

I currently run X-Plane 11 with UHD770 onboard graphics and I/m really interested to to buy an Arc 750. Need more GPU power, but want to know what to expect.

I get distortions in plugins and glass cockpit in non-standard aircraft. OpenGL is fine, but frames with onboard graphics… hmm…

Browsing x-plane.org forum and my x-plane logfile leads to missing functions in Vulkan driver. May I offer the lines from my log file, when I’m back at my Windows machine in a few days?

Please excuse my grammar, no native speaker here.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Dietmar
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello ECVPH

Thank you for trying out the driver. In this case, we will continue checking this issue internally, I will post back as soon as I have an update or in case I need more information from you.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

ECVPH
Novice

Hello Hugo O.

Many thanks for your efforts again. I´ll keep monitoring your posts.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello OE-DJ1

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I would advise you to open a new thread to get more personalized troubleshooting since the issue you mentioned is different from the one being discussed on this thread as well as your game version and the system's hardware.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
OE-DJ1
Beginner

Hello,
I have now created my own post.
Just to note, some entries in ECVPH's log.txt and mine look very similar. Maybe two Intel customers would be very happy with a solution to this problem!

Best regards

0 Kudos
CrispySpamFritter

3 customers!  I have an A770 16gb and can't launch X-plane 12 due to 'X-Plane failed to initialize Vulkan' error. Xp11 launches ok as does MSFS.

I raised a support ticket with  X-plane and had 2 responses saying I needed a dedicated graphics card with sufficient vram (at least have the courtesy to read my ticket!) On the 3rd attempt I was told it was a driver issue and Intel would need to update their drivers.

So, I raised a ticket with intel and got this reply:

'the game not being optimized to be used by an Intel GPU doesn't allow any actual version of drivers to make it playable and as such any troubleshooting we might attempt will lead to no result, rendering us to being unable to support in this situation and as such we will proceed with the case closure'

So as both parties basically saying not their issue, I guess this isn't going to get resolved any time soon (if ever!)  
ECVPH
Novice

Hello CrispySpamFritter,

thanks for the heads up, i hoped they came up with a solution. So i have to switch to the more expensive solution for xp12.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
ECVPH
Novice

Hello there,

any news about driver development for vulkan api on x-plane 12?.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello ECVPH,

We appreciate your patience.

We would like to inform you that we are still researching this matter. Once we have more details, we will post back.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ECVPH
Novice

Hello Jean O.

i´m glad to hear you´re still on it. Many thanks for your efforts again.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello ECVPH

We wanted to let you know that we were able to replicate this issue from our side and continue to work on it. I will continue to post back once I have more information. We appreciate your patience.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
ECVPH
Novice

Hello Hugo O.

Thank you for the response and for your efforts again.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Gabriela_Intel

Hi @ECVPH!

Apologies for the delayed response! Do note that we have reported your issue to our developers and they are investigating it (bug id 14018967671). However this might take some time for them to complete their investigation and release a fix (assuming that it is an Intel Graphics driver issue.)

As soon as we have more information we will get in touch with you.

Thanks!

Gabriela E.

Graphics Product Support Engineer

0 Kudos
ECVPH
Novice

Hello there,

its over a month now about your latest response about bug id 14018967671.

Do you have any news from your developers?

Best Regards

0 Kudos