Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

XTU showing incorrect GPU RAM

IBaya
Beginner

Hi,

I bought a laptop with GTX1060 DDR 6gb.

I have noticed in XTU that it is only showing 4gb of RAM.

Using dxdiag and gpu-z it shows 6gb.

Which one is correct? Is my GPU defective?

Thanks & Cheers!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Same here, indeed a bug in XTU

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Vixzel,

I understand that you are having issues with our https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU- Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility

In this case, please note that our https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU- Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility tool can be used by any device but it is specially designed for desktop systems. Since in this case you are using an OEM customized computer with our Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility , we don't really know where the readings (GPU) are coming from, especially because that most of the BIOS setting are coming from the actual system manufacturer and most of the time, it's pre-defined.

The best thing to do at his point will be to check the memory directly from the BIOS since the manufacturer customizes the information displayed in there.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
IBaya
Beginner

Thank you for your reply Diego.

I understand now that XTU is mainly for desktop.

I will just treat this as bug on the XTU interface since

dxdiag, cpu-z and gpu-z are displaying the correct value.

Cheer and regards,

Vixzel

0 Kudos
StevenR
Beginner

I have this same issue and I have this XTU installed on my own build, it's showing my GTX Nvidia 1070 at only 4 Gigs and the integrated Intel graphics at 1.00 Gig, it should be 2 Gigs, my 1070 should be 8 Gigs. Everything else is correct. My MOBO is showing OEM, so this happens on desktops too right?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

What is your processor model number?

Also, this thread is two years old.

0 Kudos
StevenR
Beginner

Two years old lol.. It's an Intel® Core™ i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz.  Haswell 22nm on a Gigabyte Z87X, Socket 1150 LGA. I googled the incorrect results in google came up with this post. I'm not going to or trying to overclock my CPU, I was more curious about the software, & then I got even more curious as to why I was getting an incorrect reading.

0 Kudos