Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20976 Discussions

any support for fan control of A770 under Debian

pdch
Novice

I use Debian linux and A770 goes will on it.Intel extension for pytorch works will on it.

But temperature of graphics card backplane is very high and trigger overheat protection.In this case,GPU fans not work.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Pdch,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

May we know if you have tried the A770 on Windows? Was it working fine?

Furthermore, please provide the complete model of your system and graphics card, as it will greatly help us to isolate the issue.

We look forward to your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
pdch
Novice

Sure,Intel Arc A770(16GB) works well on windows11.

As for me,I use it to run some deep learning program.

I use debian sid,when I install the GPU driver,I can't install the Out-of-Tree Driver.

I hope to see I can see the memory usage in "intel_gpu_top",I think this is the true "xpu-smi".haha

I also hope that Intel GPU will be more suitable than AMD's on deeplearning.As far as I know,Rocm will have a big update on debian 13. 

thanks.

ACarmona_Intel

Hello Pdch,

Thank you so much for the quick response.

Please generate an SSU report to help me further analyze important details on your system, such as the OS build number, graphics driver version, complete model, etc. Please send us the generated SSU.txt file.

We will be waiting for your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
pdch
Novice

It seems do not support debian sid

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Pdch,

Thank you so much for providing us with your SSU.

I will raise the case with our engineers for further guidance, and I will provide you with an update as soon as I have their response.

Thank you so much for your patience.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Pdch,

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response.

To further address the issue, kindly provide the following information:

1. When you mentioned, "But the temperature of the graphics card backplane is very high and triggers overheat protection; in this case, GPU fans do not work," Does it mean that the GPU fans do not spin even on full load or at high temperatures in Debian but work with Windows?

2) Do you have a Debian setup that is dual-boot with Windows?

We will be waiting for your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
pdch
Novice

Hi,for the question 1.I use it on windows just few days and I'm not sure about wheather if it works well on windows.But I'm sure it won't trigger overheat protection on windows.If you stress it on debian,GPU fans works well and won't trigger overheat protection too.

For the question2,now I just have debian only.And next few weeks I well go out,with out my computer.

But anyway,I have something here that might be useful.The attachement is some output from xpu-smi.

ACarmona_Intel

Hello Pdch,

Thank you so much for the quick response and for your efforts in providing the information that we have requested.

All of them—including the extra file you shared—are greatly appreciated.

I will now raise the case again with our engineers for further investigation, and then I'll get back to you as soon as I have their response.

Thank you so much for your understanding and patience.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos