Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

bug report, drivers intel

jgrei1
Beginner

0 Kudos
14 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You are using windows 10 1803. That is two years old.

With dual graphics, your need to use BOTH the intel and nvidia drivers from Lenovo.

If you insist on using the latest Intel driver for your 7th gen processor, you can get it here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29426?product=95451

However, if you can install it, you will likely lose all customizations Lenovo has made to the driver. More likely, you will be unable to install it.

You should first UPDATE to Windows 10 1909:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Doc

0 Kudos
jgrei1
Beginner

I using the 1909 version of windows is same problem i back to 1803 because no problem with the videos, the problem is with the Intel drivers and the old drivers (its works fine) non compatible with the new version of windows and google chrome

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Let's work with 1909, and use oly the lenovo drivers (intel and nvidia).

And, provide an ssu from 1909.

Doc

0 Kudos
jgrei1
Beginner

I prove happen, trust my word. re-install take time and after back to 1803, take time again.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Ok, then use both the Intel graphics driver and the nvidia graphics driver provided by Lenovo. If you still have problems, contact lenovo for support of their laptop.

Doc

0 Kudos
jgrei1
Beginner

I fist I did and they say me contact to intel because is a original driver problem, I like to talk with intel support and not a member forum.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Lenovo supposedly tested those drivers on your laptop. It is their problem.

And, I am curious about your going from 1803 to 1909, and then back to 1803. If you took the trouble to get current with 1909, why go through more trouble to go back?

Also, you should spend some time searching for youtube and chrome issues.

Doc

0 Kudos
jgrei1
Beginner

you are a nasty person Mr. AL.Hill

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Not really. There are rules, and you did not follow them, or were unaware of them. Whatever the case, consult with your laptop manufacturer. And, why would you not want to be on 1909?

Doc

0 Kudos
jgrei1
Beginner

please do not answer more this post does not contribute to the solution

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You have not tried my suggestions, nor did you provide what I asked for. And, what you do not understand is that with dual graphics you should use only the drivers provided by Lenovo because they have been modified for your hardware..

You want help, let's start with 1909 and go from there. There have been many changes to W10 since 1803 that could have corrected your problem.

Doc

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello jgrei1

Thank you for posting on this Intel Community.

We would like to inform you that we are checking the behavior you described and testing it in our lab. As soon as we have more details available we will be posting back in this thread.

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

jgrei1
Beginner
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello jgrei1

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

We would like to inform you that we have tested the behavior you described and it was debugged and found to be an issue with the operating system. In this case, what we recommend is reporting this to Microsoft® Support.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Note: Once you work with Microsoft® support, you can provide feedback regarding what they say. You may provide the support-thread link or MS ticket#.

0 Kudos