Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance and optimization
18273 Discussions

can i increase my shared graphic memory or dedicated graphic memory, and if i can will it work?

mdaxish
Beginner

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-10110U CPU @ 2.10GHz 2.59 GHz
Installed RAM 4.00 GB (3.79 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Generic PnP Monitor and Intel(R) UHD Graphics Properties 26-03-2022 19_14_28.png I WANT  TO INCERASE MY VRAM BY 4GB AND RAM BY 12GB

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

The graphics driver automatically increases (and decreases) the amount of memory assigned as VRAM based upon the dictates of the running software. Up to 50% of the available memory could be allocated as VRAM. If you want to increase the amount of VRAM available, you need to increase the amount of memory available; it is as simple as that.

Lets be clear about one thing: If a game is telling you that you do not have enough VRAM, you can ignore this warning. When it comes to Intel graphics, they seem to be wrong about this 99% of the time. Further, if a game refuses to run because it says that there is not enough VRAM available, THIS IS A BUG IN THE GAME! In this case, you need to contact the designers of the game for a fix (not Intel).

Hope this helps,

...S