Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

can't find the option to Scale the TV at using 1920x1080 using Intel HD graphics under N3150 and N3700. operation system: windows 7 x64 and windows 10 x86 and X64

IItzh
Beginner

Hello,

when I connect my PC in to 55" Samsung TV (I tried other TV's too) using recommended resolution 1920x1080 @60P windows screen is bigger and extend the display limits .

In the display driver at the resolution, the option to scale is missing.

In I3-4170 at the same TV I have no problem and the driver give you the option to scale screen down and make the picture smaller .

I tried many version of Intel display driver including the latest driver Version: 15.38.4.64.4234 for N3150 and 15.38.4.64.4234 for Intel N3700

I also got the new latest from 04/05/2016 driver version 20.19.15.4454 and the option to scale is missing

I have seen same problem asked here in the forum and no solution :

Please help ASAP - I have over 250 units to supply or return to Asrock

0 Kudos
14 Replies
LoneWolf
Novice

Sadly, that is because there is no solution. I am still running my N3700 system with no correction for overscan (I am the original poster of that thread).

Despite note that (while there was no ETA) there was a planned fix, I have little confidence this problem will be resolved during the effective production life of the processor, or that there will be fixes/enhancements to the Braswell drivers, as we have not seen updates during 2016. I am disappointed that Intel's low-wattage processors are seeming to take a back-seat to their mobile/desktop units, despite the fact that these CPUs are actually used in the entry-level Intel NUC platform and the Intel Compute Stick.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, iitzhaki:

Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities.

I performed some tests on my end and I was able to get the "costumize aspect ratio" option while using Extended, and single display (with external) modes.

Have you tested the behavior of this with one of those options?

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
IItzh
Beginner

Dear Esteban,

sorry for the slow respond.

When you write "Extend" do you mean by connecting 2 displays?

If that is what you mean No, i did not try.

The reason I did not try is because the PC will be connected to one TV (using it as a Media for living room)

I tried to look at the Extended displays but there is no option to Customize aspect ratio.

I tried to look everywhere in the display driver and in the extended section, the option is missing.

Regards

Israel Itzhaki

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for your answer on this iitzhaki, let me further check that investigation in regards to this issue in order to provide you with an update.

I will keep you posted.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
LoneWolf
Novice

Have you found anything, Esteban?

iitzhaki : Based on the response time for this issue across multiple posts, I would recommend returning the 250 units to Asrock. I don't like bugging Intel, nor do I like being negative, but the issue has occurred since the N3700 was released, and resources at Intel have been made aware in these forums for at least six months, and nothing has been forthcoming so far.

This product is so close to excellence, and one major flaw means it doesn't perform the function one would think it was designed expressly for.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hey, peers:

I was wondering if you have tested the following in this scenario.

1. Set a lower resolution than native of the TV and check the scaling options available.

2. I would like to request a report from your system in order to get more information about it's configuration.

How to get that report?

-Access: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

-Download the utility

-Scan your system with the utility

-Export the report (hit next and then save) and attach it to your answer with the advanced editor option (reply button and then check upper right corner)

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, All:

I was curious about how your systems are behaving.

Are you still encountering with the issue related to the scaling options available for you to use?

Hope I can hear from you soon.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
LoneWolf
Novice

intel_corp

Esteban, yes, the problem still exists because the issue I cite in the thread below still exists.

ivanu_intel , who was in the original thread, I don't think he gets my replies, because I get a very odd e-mail bounce message in my inbox that appears to be from one of his e-mail addresses.

I have flagged Bryce@Intel on this matter; I know he is aware of it, but I don't know of any progress at this time.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, LoneWolf15:

Thank you for your answer and I am truly sorry to hear you are facing this issue.

Just would like to confirm, have you installed the driver 4463 in your system?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26078/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88345 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26078/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88345

Additionally, TVs have scaling options built in (Zoom, 16:9, 4:8 and others), please check if you have these options and try them out, I have seen peers fixing this type of issues with those settings.

ivanu_intel is no longer with our team but another partner is taking his cases 🙂

Please let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
LoneWolf
Novice

intel_corp

My scaling options won't fix the issue, I've tried them all, and even switched from a 720p to a 1080p television only to have the same issue. And you had this control in your previous graphics drivers; apparently, I was a fool to switch from an HD4600 Core i5 processor that had them, to a newer processor with a newer graphics processor and find out that Intel removed an essential, useful feature.

Updating drivers to your latest one has not brought the feature back. If you look at the link I provided in my previous post here, it describes the problem exactly in detail; Intel just didn't add the sliders to scale the screen, and it has been a year that my N3700 processor has been out with what I consider to be a broken driver, followed by another broken driver. As this feature was present in other Intel iGPU drivers, it is clear that this isn't some new feature I'm requesting; it's the restoration of something removed that really ought to still be there.

All I want is the control I'm showing in the screenshot below, which is no longer there, and I want to be sure Intel preserves it for future processors like Apollo Lake. If it isn't there, I will need to look elsewhere for a product that meets my needs. I've wasted six months trying to get something that was once already there. I don't want a workaround (which in my case I don't have anyway); I want the fix.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

LoneWolf15:

I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience you are facing with this matter.

In order to send this case for review in an expedited way, I would like to gather some info from your system, it's very simple.

First, I would require the SSU report from your PC, instructions below:

-Access: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

-Download the utility

-Scan your system with the utility

-Export the report (hit next and then save) and attach it to your answer with the advanced editor option (reply button and then check upper right corner)

Once done, please fill out and paste the report here: /thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761 in your answer.

As soon as the information is available, we will be able to have a clear overview of the scenario you are facing, so we will be able to investigate it properly.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, LoneWolf15 :

I wanted to verify if you were able to gather up the information requested above?

If further support is required, please let me know.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, iitzhaki and LoneWolf15 :

I was further investigating this matter and regret to inform you this is an expected behavior from this platform (BayTrail or Braswell) due to limitations of the platform itself.

Since this platform is regularly used in systems with built-in display, it has only one scale option that fits the display used for the specific solution.

Hope this can provide you with a clearer overview of the scenario.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
AShar123
Beginner

Hi, I'm wondering if you can help me with the slider in the intel graphic control panel. Here I'd attach the scan with the SSU using by your given link above.

Thank You.

0 Kudos