Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

can't resume from sleep mode hd530

기이000
Beginner

windows version 18362.175

i5-6300hq internal graphics hd530

can't resume from sleep mode using newest graphics drivers

but in dch_win64_25.20.100.6577 , no problem in waking up

does this happen only for me?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello 기이000,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities.

In this case, I would like to ask you for more details about your system, please provide the following information:

1. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 
  2. To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. 
  3. Please attach the document into the next post. 

Please answer the following questions:

1. Just to make sure, are you trying to install the version 26.20.100.6912?
  2. Have you tested installing your OEM drivers? Which driver versions have you tried?
  3. Have you checked if after the driver installation the power plan or features change?

Best Regards,

Abigail G

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation.

0 Kudos
기이000
Beginner

answer

1. yes. version 6912 has a problem, but 6577 or older than that has no problem. newer than 6577 all have the problem resuming from standby.

​2. MSI provides so old version that i don't use it. The driver that windows 10 automatically update works well. but i want to use the newest driver.

3.of course, the power plan has no problem.

and the attached ssu information file is under using driver version 6577

korean, sorry for my english

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello 기이000,

Thank you for sharing the information.

We always recommend to our customers to use OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) drivers, which are customized with settings specifically for their own system models and hardware. Probably our generic drivers that were released after the version 25.20.100.6577 come with a specific setting on the build that is affecting the system power settings, which needs to be removed by your OEM to have the system working as expected with no sleep mode issues.

Our best recommendation would be contacting your OEM and check if there is any newer driver version that they can advise you to use or if they will release any newer driver customized to work with the best performance on your system. Although, you can keep using the driver 25.20.100.6577 which is working properly now.

Best Regards,

Abigail G

0 Kudos
기이000
Beginner

thanks a lot for replying to my request.

i misanswerd the power plan change problem. in every boot, the hd graphics power plan changes to 'balanced' for both battery and ac adapter regardless of the graphics driver version.

and it seems this symptom that can't come back from sleep mode happens only for me

that's ok. it seems MSI is the problem.

thank you

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello 기이000,

I am glad to know that you got to the bottom of the issue.

If you have other questions or concerns in the future, feel free to post on a new thread.

Best Regards,

Abigail G

0 Kudos