Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20496 Discussions

cant update graphics Intel

lurcgu
Beginner

i have a hp EliteBook 840 g1, the graphics is 

Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

Driver version: 20.19.15.5166
Driver date: 8/8/2020

its processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4600U CPU @ 2.10GHz 2.70 GHz.

Last year December, my laptop was running great, then one day, I just wanted a fresh start, so I decided to reset it, but it hasn't been running as well since then. Is there anyone who has any idea what went wrong? I tried everything online and even contacted Intel support, but I kept getting redirected to this website. My computer continues informing me that I can't install any drivers because they aren't compatible, despite the fact that it claims it is on the website. Is there any way to upgrade my graphics so that everything works properly again? Even some of my previous games and apps are running slower than before.

Sincerely, 

Ayo

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

On the laptop, please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. Select Everything and then click on Scan. Once it completes the scan process, click on Next and then Save. Pick a name for the text file to produce and click on Save to create it. You can then close the app. Finally, open a response post and then, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog (below the edit box for the body of your response post), upload and attach this text file to the response post.

...S

0 Kudos
lurcgu
Beginner

ive done that here it is. 

Thanks, Ayo.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Ok, now tell me what packages you have successfully installed and what packages you have attempted to install (but failed).

I presume that you are getting all of these packages from the HP site, right? [Hint: As this is a laptop, you should NOT be getting any packages from the Intel site and you should NOT be running the Intel Driver and Support Application (IDSA)].

0 Kudos
lurcgu
Beginner

oh, I did run some drivers from intel and also used the intel driver and support assistant but none of them worked. and the hp's one didnt work either it said they were outdated

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello lurcgu

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, I am glad to see that fellow community members have the knowledge and they jumped in and helped. You may also find the Discontinued Products website (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html) website helpful to address your request.  

You can get the specifications and verify this product's discontinuance status at the Intel® Product Specifications website > Product Status > "Discontinued". https://ark.intel.com/ 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If you want help, you really need to be forthcoming with details. Vague recollections are useless. I need a list of the driver packages that you installed or tried to install. I need output showing what it complained about when you tried.

...S

0 Kudos