Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21074 Discussions

customer wants to download intel-gpu-rhel-8.6.run package, but couldn't download

guanglil
Employee

Hi ,

the customer want to download the ntel-gpu-rhel-8.6.run, but they couldn't download it successfully. Following the wiki:  https://dgpu-docs.intel.com/driver/installation.html#

if [[ ! " 8.6 8.8 8.9 9.0 9.2 9.3 " =~ " ${VERSION_ID} " ]]; then
  echo "RHEL version ${VERSION_ID} not supported"
else
  wget https://repositories.intel.com/gpu/rhel/${VERSION_ID}/lts/2350/unified/intel-gpu-rhel-${VERSION_ID}.run
  chmod +x intel-gpu-rhel-${VERSION_ID}.run
  sudo ./intel-gpu-rhel-${VERSION_ID}.run
fi

customer's os is redhat8.6 

I also tried it, but it forbidden, what should i do if i want to download it?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello guanglil, 

I still need some more details in order to help you. May I please know what is the CPU model of you customer as well as the gpu driver that you are trying to install? This way I can provide you specific steps. 

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
guanglil
Employee

Hi Ramyer,

Asked with help, I could get this .run package now. Thanks

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello guanglil, 

I am happy to hear that you were able to resolve the issue. If you would like to share the steps you took to fix the issue along with the product affected, we would be grateful to hear about your experience. Your insights could be valuable not only for our team but also for other customers who might encounter a similar situation in the future. Sharing knowledge and solutions is an excellent way to foster a supportive community and empower others.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
guanglil
Employee

Supposed it is caused by access denied. Our PM asks someone to help us to download. I think someone adds the access permission to download. 

PS: this doc is open for outside, we should not add permission to stop other people to download this run package. Everyone which could access this web, should have permission to download this run package.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello guanglil, 

Thank you for sharing this information. We will be taking note of this feedback. For now, since the you were able to download the file by having someone allow the access, we will be closing this case. In case you need further assistance, feel free to post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos