Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

dev error 6066

Sowrin
Beginner

I want to play warzone. I have intel hd graphics 4600, 8gb ram, intel i3 6th gen procesor. when i run the game, it shows dev error 6066.........what should i do now?pls help

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You can find the latest driver here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29971/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=81496

If that does not work, your hardware is likely too old to play this game.  If you are a desktop, you can try finding an older add-on card (nvidia).  If you are a laptop, you will need to replace your laptop with a new(er) machine.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Sowrin, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

So we can get more details from your system, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

2. Provide a screenshot of the error message that you get. 

3. Were you able to run this game before? If yes, did you make any changes before this error code started to appear? 

4. Is the error when just trying to open/launch the game or is it when specifically running any specific gameplay? To better understand this problem, you can also provide a video; you can provide the file using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach option or using a platform like YouTube* and provide a public link. 

5. If the problem is running any specific gameplay, please provide a screenshot of the settings that you are using.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
YazR
Beginner

Dear Sebastian M

I'm having the same issue. 

I receive the following message when attempting to start Modern Warfare on Windows 10.

FATAL ERROR (Title of Dialog Box)

Line 1: ERROR 6066

Line 2: DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error"

My SUS details scan is attached.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

The same question for the same graphics has the same answer as the responses below.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Sowrin,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Sowrin,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos