Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

driver update write error solution?

AAlar2
Beginner

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260

update says download write error 

and Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10 (update says download write error) and Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface and Driver for Intel® 5th/6th Generation Platforms (update says download write error) 

I have attached a detailed report given by Intel SSU, if that can help.

I don't know if this topic on the right post or not I don't know what I'm doing so please help

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Sounds like you have disk problems. Look in the event log and look for disk events.

Doc

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello AAlar2,

Were you able to check the information recommended?

Based on the description of the issue, it seems that you are using a tool to update the drivers, probably the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA). To verify this, could you please attach a picture of the error message you are receiving? Are you using a tool like the Intel® DSA to update the drivers?

Also, we would like to have more information about your system including the system model, OS build number, etc. Please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread. This tool will generate a report that can be useful to obtain the information to better assist you.

1. Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application in your computer.

2. Open the application and click "Scan" to see system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".

3. To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
AAlar2
Beginner

nsis error.PNGwhat info are you talking about?

yes I use the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) to update the drivers

I can't install Intel® System Support Utility because I get a NSIS error (error launching installer) as shown in the picture

0 Kudos
AAlar2
Beginner

I attached the report to this thread

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello AAlar2,

As addressed on this thread before, the corruption of files and disk problems are usually the cause of the error messages you are receiving. Also, since you are using the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) to update your system, these errors may occur.

The recommended resolution is that you can install the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) drivers that were customized for your computer. Keep in mind that the Intel® DSA usually tries to install generic drivers, which can cause technical issues if you are running a customized driver.

Information that may be helpful to address this problem:

1. How to search/install driver for ASUS product?

ROG GL552VX Download

Note: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

2. You are also running BIOS version GL552VX.204. Contact your OEM to verify if installing a newer version is required: GL552VX BIOS 303 2019/06/062.6 MBytes.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello AAlar2,

Were you able to review the recommendations provided?

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello AAlar2,

If the problem persists, you can also perform a Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers for testing purposes. In this case, you will be installing generic drivers available at our Download Center, which are for general purposes.

Windows® 10 Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters Version: 21.30.3 (Latest)

Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10 Version: 21.30.0

Regarding the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST), you can install the following OEM version: V15.2.5.1035.

Note: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

We hope you found this information helpful.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos