Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

dwm memory leak on Intel HD 620

DiNo69
Beginner

After having problems with the dwm memory bug and installed the driver from here, the problem still persists. What i want to know if it's there any other driver that could fix this bug.

Laptop specs:

Windows 10 home single language - Version 21h1

Intel Core i3 7020-U CPU 2.30GHz

2x 4GB ram DDR4 2133mhz

If it's there any other info required let me know.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AndrewG_Intel

Hello DiNo69

Thank you for your response and for the Intel® SSU report.

We understand that the behavior persists with driver version 30.0.101.1191 and now you will try the new update. That is a good idea. Let's try the latest Intel® Graphics – Windows* DCH Driver Version 30.0.101.1660 to see if the behavior is different.

We will be waiting for your feedback regarding the outcome of this test.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @DiNo69

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Just to make sure we are on the same page, are you referring to the "dwm.exe Memory Leak" issue described in this article? dwm.exe (Desktop Window Manager) Produces a Memory Leak with Drivers Newer Than 27.20.100.8587

If you indeed refer to the same issue in the previous article, have you tried the recommended solution?

Also, based on the details you provided, it seems the laptop is running the previous version of Windows 21H1. Therefore, we also recommend updating the Operating System (OS) to the latest version 21H2 and installing any pending updates.

For more instructions, you may refer to this guide: Update Windows*. 

In further assistance is required, please provide us with the following information:

1- What was the driver version that you installed and "still the problem persists"?

2- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
DiNo69
Beginner

Thanks for the response @AndrewG_Intel , i did exactly what the arcticle says and performed a clean installation of the driver provided. The driver version i installed was the 30.0.101.1191, and the problem was still there.

I did what you recomended and updated Windows to version 21H2, again did a clean instalation of the driver  Windows* DCH Drivers driver 30.0.101.1191, also downloaded SSU and did the scan.

I will now test the new update with the driver and will post back a response tomorrow.

Thanks for the detailed info and help.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello DiNo69

Thank you for your response and for the Intel® SSU report.

We understand that the behavior persists with driver version 30.0.101.1191 and now you will try the new update. That is a good idea. Let's try the latest Intel® Graphics – Windows* DCH Driver Version 30.0.101.1660 to see if the behavior is different.

We will be waiting for your feedback regarding the outcome of this test.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
DiNo69
Beginner

Solved:

Hello, after several tests the driver is working just as intended, no memory leak on dwm.

Windows Version: 21H2

Driver version: Windows* DCH Drivers driver 30.0.101.1191

Thanks @AndrewG_Intel  for all the help and support.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello DiNo69

Thank you very much for your response and for the feedback.

We are glad to know that the driver is working as intended with no memory leak on dwm.exe. Having said that and since the thread has been marked as "Solved" we will proceed now to close this request. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos