Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

dxdiag does not show the Intel HD Graphics 2500

delluser
Beginner

I had noticed that TechSmith Snagit 2020 was not loading and went to the TechSmith support chat. The tech asked me to run dxDiag and give him the text output from it. When he looked at it he said the graphics was not showing up in the report and that Snagit needed it to run.

I found out that my Intel HD graphics is the 2500 and downloaded and installed the driver for it. dxDiag still does not show the graphics device and Snagit still will not run.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Your graphics are not supported on Windows 10.  There is no Intel driver for windows 10 for HD2500.

All you have is the Microsoft generic driver, which lacks features and performance.

Sorry, time to upgrade your hardware.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
delluser
Beginner

This is not Windows 10 but Windows 8.1 and it was working fine before we moved and I set it up at my new place.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

0 Kudos
delluser
Beginner

I did that and the SSU.exe does not install anything.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

SSU does not install anything.   It produces a report so we can have information on your configuration rather than ask you questions.

Run SSU, save the report as a txt file, and attach the file just like my instructions said.

0 Kudos
delluser
Beginner

I did that several times and nothing comes up. Windows asks me if I want to run it, I say yes and it just goes away.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Ok, I am unable to help you. 

If I were you, I would install windows 10.  I would then install an add-on graphics card (nvidia) and at least be partially supported.  As it stands now, you are not supported.  Since you cannot run the SSU, there is something wrong with your config; parhaps a virus.

0 Kudos
delluser
Beginner

Thanks for trying. This is an Dell allinone,  so no way to install a card.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Then, reinstall W8.1 or W10.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello @delluser,

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, I am glad to see that fellow community members have the knowledge and they jumped in and helped. You may also find the Discontinued Products website (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html) helpful to address your request. 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos