Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

grafics intel 630 update by microsoft

Opeens_Suzan
Beginner

Hi Intel,

A serious hardward issue due to a recently released driver update for intel 630 chip on a Medion Akoya P62017, which is automatically update bij microsot update service.

Since last week the screen just turns black.

I will now try to use system restore.

Then install an older driver version.

Could it be that the new driver uses the dvi port instead of the HDMI port?

grafics intel 630 update by microsoft, screen turns black.|

no error messages what so ever.... windows 98-style

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Opeens_Suzan
Beginner

Seems like microsoft still uses the new driver when a reset is used.

Reinstall from disk....

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Have you installed the drivers received from the manufacturer? Very important is to install the Chipset Software.

Did you received support disk with drivers prepared by the manufacturer?

Leon

0 Kudos
Opeens_Suzan
Beginner

Thank you for answering Leon.

The manufacturers website contains some drivers but result to the same problems.

I stopped Microsofts update service (after reinstallation), then manually installed all drivers accept for the graphics card.

Then I removed the windows user account from the list of permitted users to install or update drivers (local security policy? lokaal beveiligingsbeleid in dutch).

Activated updates...

This seems to work.

dow its not really a solution....

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Have you changed video settings in Bios? If yes, please set Bios settings to default.

Leon​

0 Kudos
Opeens_Suzan
Beginner

Bios defaults restored, reinstallation of windows….

Manufacturers drivers installed, even tried older driver version...

I was so happy with this machine... but now im just sad.

without the drivers none of these games will run, or at least the way the've done before….

as soon as i install the drivers, the display turns black and the machine becomes useless.

Strange that the operating system does not seem to detect any problem.

i'll start writing my 'i want my money back' letter....

😞

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Opeens Suzan,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I would like to know if the issue persists. If so, you may try the following steps as a test.

1- Download the customized and latest Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) drivers from Medion* Website*. I tried to find the direct link for the driver but could not find your specific PC model in the list. You may check with Medion* Support team for the latest Graphics driver.

https://www.medion.com/gb/service/start/_search.php?groupID=2&groupName=PC

https://www.medion.com/aldi/pcs/md34150-hofer-at-de/?wt_mc=at.coop.md34150.aat.med_start-ka&wt_mc=at.intern.Bottom%20Two%20Carousel.welcome.on-ma&wt_cc1=1_1&wt_cc3=MD34150

Note: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

2- Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update.

3- Uninstall any (DCH) graphics driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel >> Programs and Features. (or from Windows® >> Apps & Features).

4-  Restart the computer.

5-  Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" >> if not, repeat steps 3 and 4.

6- If the adapter continues to be listed as "Intel HD Graphics" or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under "Programs and Features" for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager:

6.1.1- Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device'

6.1.2- In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked.

6.1.3- Click on 'Uninstall'.

6.1.4- Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter")

7- Install the driver that was downloaded in step 1.

8- Restart the computer. Take note of the driver version installed and do not reconnect to the Internet but instead test the system for a while to see if the issue is gone by avoiding Windows® to push a different driver.

9- Reconnect to the Internet. Monitor to see if a different driver is automatically installed by Windows Update and if the issue is reproduced again. If so, please take note of the driver version installed/pushed by Windows® Update.

As a second test, you may try the previous steps by using our generic graphics driver. Based on your system model "Medion Akoya P62017" it comes with Intel® Core™ i5-9400 Processor and Intel® UHD Graphics 630. You may download the Intel® UHD Graphics 630 generic driver from this link version 26.20.100.7000.

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Opeens Suzan,

I would like to know if you were able to try the recommended steps?

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Opeens_Suzan
Beginner

Hello Andrew,

The Intel 630 chip stayed working till i updated to any new driver.

Not fully to my satisfaction, cause the device is just over 3 months of age.

But without drivers the 630 chip is not that poweful.

The manufacturer offered to let the device be repaired.

Instead i decided to order an external video card, nVideo GT1030.

The system now 'sparks' again.

Thank you for your answer,

Suzan.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Opeens Suzan,

Thank you for your response

I am glad to know that you were able to find a workaround by installing an external video card and now the system is working fine.

We will proceed to close this inquiry, but if you need further assistance, please contact us back.

Andrew G.

0 Kudos