hi i use asus zen book ux305fa
no auto updates to graphics card for 4 plus years
current driver 184.108.40.20649
have found manually
can i use this driver/is it safe/ can i back up old driver in case of problems
Thank you for posting on the Intel Community.
Based on the information that you provided I want to recommend you the following:
- Use the recommended and latest Version: 220.127.116.1166 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29971/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-
- It is important to know that is recommended to use the original equipment manufacturer drivers, since they are the ones who build your system and know the components and the structure they have, also they release firmwares, patches and drivers for every system to work correctly, the ones from Intel are the generic ones.
- Follow the Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers steps; https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html
- Right-click the Windows Start button. Select Device Manager.
- Expand the section Display adapters.
- Identify the Intel Graphics device among the options listed.
- Access the Download Center, search for the Intel Graphics model identified in step 3 using the Search box located in the top-right corner.
- Select the driver from the list that is designated for Windows® 10.
- Download the .exe file.
- Disconnect from the internet to make sure the driver will not be automatically updated by Windows.
- Go back to the Intel Graphics entry in Device Manager.
- Right-click on Intel Graphics and click Uninstall.
- In the device removal dialog box, check Delete the driver software for this device and click OK.
- Restart the computer after the uninstallation is complete.
- Open Device Manager once more.
- Expand the Display Adapter section again.
- If the graphics entry still displays Intel Graphics, repeat steps 8-11.
- If the graphics entry displays Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, run the previously downloaded .exe file to install the driver.
- Reboot the computer when prompted.
Intel® Customer Support Technician
We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.
Intel Customer Support Technician