Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

how can you have opengl 3.3 on intel hd graphics 3000 on windows, not linux.

ECabr3
Beginner

I am trying to run an app that requires opengl 3.3 and it does not run because the intel hd graphics 3000 has opengl 3.1, but in linux it has opengl 3.3.

Is there any solution for the intel hd graphics 3000 to run and if there is not, it is possible that intel created a driver with support for opengl 3.3 and opencl 1.2.

and don't say that the hardware is not compatible because we all know that it is

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I am sorry, but all processors that included the Intel HD Graphics 3000 engine were discontinued quite some time ago and are no longer supported. Intel does not provide any Windows 10 drivers for this engine at all. The final drivers produced for Windows 8.1 include DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL 3.1 support but no OpenCL support. For more information, consult these documents: Supported Operating Systems for Intel Graphics Products and Intel HD Graphics 2000/3000 Drivers for Windows 8.1 v15.28.24.4229 Release Notes.

I would speculate that there are no plans to deliver any subsequent versions of these drivers (you caught the word 'final', right?).

Again, sorry, but reality bites. Don't shoot the messenger (I am retired and they don't listen to me anymore),

...S

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

One possible solution, if you are a desktop, is to find an amd or nvidia card that is compatible, and use that instead of the Intel graphics.

Doc

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello ECabr3

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

We would like to inform you that due to the Intel® HD Graphics 3000 has been discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website or the Support Options for Discontinued Intel® Graphics Products helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.

You can verify this product's discontinuance status at http://ark.intel.com/ > Product Status > "Discontinued". 

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos