Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

how do change my power efficiency

nclovs
Beginner

Before there was a little slider on my powers option in the intel graphic command center now its gone i want my power consumption to be high and efficiently to be low so my pc uses more energy and runs faster but now I don't have the power slider thingy. 

What to do? how to fix?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

nclovs, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your inquiry about the "Power Consumption" option not showing in the Intel® Graphics Command Center, for testing purposes, please try to uninstall it:

Uninstall the application via Windows* Settings and re-install the application from the Microsoft* Store.

1. Open Settings Apps Apps and features.
  2. Locate the Intel® Graphics Command Center application and select Uninstall.

And then reinstall it again following the instructions in the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055840/graphics.html

If the issue persists after that, then we will do further research on this matter in order to confirm if the option was actually removed from the Intel® GCC. For us to be able to do that, please provide the following details:

What is the model of the Intel® processor?

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

You mention that you used to have the option for "Power Consumption" available before, was that on this same machine or on a different computer?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello nclovs, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello nclovs, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos