Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20621 Discussions

i can't instal intel hd graphics

icata1
Beginner

i have a hp probook 650 g1 with a i5 4300m and integrated hd graphics.

i tried a clean registry uninstal with display driver uninstaler, tried to instal the latest intel hd drinver from intel site, tried to instal the driver from hp official website, tried to install it from device manager via update,driver downloads but gets an error at instalation. if i try to install the driver from intel site or hp site , driver installs no error there, computer restarts but the driver is not seen in windows. in device manager it shows some basic monitor stuff and a driver from 2006. cannot change resolution. driver is seen in ''programs'' in control panel. but the laptop acts like the driver isn't instalted. i cannot change resolution from display proprieties as it's fixed on 1920x1080. i tried with intel driver assistant tool,there it detects that there is a driver update,downloads it, instals it , restarts , and same thing ,driver is not seen in windows. refresh rate is detected at 1hz altough the maximum is 64hz. what can i do. i suspect this issue apperead after trying to instal some drivers from the hp website , but i m not sure what driver caused this issue. maybe intel chipset driver (inf) but i m not sure. any help?its really lagy to use the laptop this way with 1hz refresh late lol. and i dont want to reinstal windows as i did a fresh reinstal 2 days ago.

this is what i get after i do a clean registry uninstal and try to instal it with device manager update https://ibb.co/f4hm8GS

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AlHill
Super User

We are not clicking on any links you provide. You can attach your image or photo directly using the forum tools.

You should use ONLY the drivers provided by HP.

HP is solely responsible for support of your laptop. Contact HP for support.

Doc

0 Kudos
icata1
Beginner

I AM ASKING SUPPORT TO INSTAL THE INTEL HD DRIVER FOR MY I5 4300M. why do you throw the problem to other manufacturer? IF THIS is an intel product. this is absurd. WHY do i have to use drivers only provided by ''HP'' WHEN INTEL OFICIALLY RELEASED THE LATEST DRIVER FOR A I5 4300M iGPU . PRODUCT I POSSED . LOL . why shouldn't i use AN OFFICIAL INTEL RELEASE? are you an official support representative or are you just bored here?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Do not be afraid to release the CAPS LOCK.

Because it is likely HP has modified/customized the drivers for their hardware. Using the Intel generic driver may cause problems.

The manufacturer is always responsible for support and warranty of your laptop. Your laptop is not an Intel product, it is an HP product.

I am not an Intel employee or contractor. If you bothered to read the forum header, it says "This is a community forum where members can ask and answer questions about Intel products."

Now be nice, and no insults.

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Also, you should never mess with the registry. Because you have, it is impossible to know the current state of your driver.

Now, you may want to try a manual install of the intel driver using this method:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html

But, there are no guarantees.

Doc

0 Kudos
icata1
Beginner

already tried that OPTION . after downloading the driver via device manager update , and trying to instal it it gives something like the driver wasn't instaled succesfuly ''ACCES DENIED'' . this error occurs when trying to update different hardware not only the display driver. also i am logged as an administrator. and i already specifified that i have tried that method. tried updating in device manager from an extracted rar file, tried updaing in device manager from auto update from web same result

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Like I said, it is impossible to determine the current state of your driver because you messed with the registry.

And, as I said, there are no guarantees.

The only other thing I can suggest is this:

1. download and save the current Intel driver.
  2. disconnect from the net.
  3. in the device manager, uninstall (with the delete option) the display driver. You may need to restart the machine.
  4. Continue to uninstall and delete the display driver as above, until you get to the Microsoft basic display adapter. You may need to do this multiple times, with restarts.
  5. Once down to the basic display adapter, install the intel driver you saved.
  6. Connect to the net.

Doc

icata1
Beginner

many people used ddu with succes, i have done it on my pc , it simply does a clean uninstal of a video or an audio driver. no other drivers. if i really messed with registry isn't this problem isolated to just my current video driver? i get this error message to all the hardware i try to update through device manager. i though this is only related to the video driver but it's not. i think it has to do with some admin privilages altough i'm logged as an admin , or the windows securty tool is messing with it. i will try ur method anyways , i think my last chance in my case is to reinstal the windows. this laptop is just bad. i have a user which i created when i instaled windows cause it asked me for a ''name'' and i can't even enter device manager or services.msc without getting a message "This app has been blocked for your protection" and "An administrator has blocked you from running this app." mmc.exe '' i have to login to ''administrator'' eventho my user have administrator right. and only there i can run device manager . i just wanted a single user with full administor right but windows created 2 lol

0 Kudos
icata1
Beginner

i just reinstaled the windows ... i couldn't find any help neither here neither on hp forums. i do know to instal drivers and i'm no by any means a newbie user just needed some professional answer but ppl suggesint driver booster and other useless answers.

really odd problem. it seems like my problem wasn't isolated to just intel hd drivers but to a large area of drivers. it just seemed some out of nowhere restrictions it was imposed to my laptop. the one you take from viruses .. but i had a fresh windows and didn't run any exe files + i don't know how relible is that but windows stock anti virus was at date. the only solution for me was to reinstal windows... the problem is that after 2-3 days windows decide to ''shadow create'' an administrator user second to my only original user with single admin rights i have created when instaling windows. so on my current windows eventho i have admin rights i cannot enter ''device manager , ''services.msc'' have ro run them from the power shell or to login to the ''administator'' user auto created by windows.too bad hp and microsoft don't offer any help regarding these problems

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Download and save the latest HP driver on a usb stick.

Then, f you follow my procedure here to do a clean install of W10, you should have no problems with the administrator issue. Ignore that I wrote this for the Intel nuc:

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004Icw2bSAB/problems-with-microsoft-supplied-windows-10-install-media-use-this-procedure-to-install-windows-10-on-your-nuc?language=en_US

Please, please, please - never use any of those 3rd party driver tools on the net. Without explanation, just trust me.

Now, before you do any of this, you need to save your data, and any install packages/keys you need for other applications.

This is a drastic step. It is a pity that HP cannot/will not help you. And, I cannot guarantee that the above will work.

Doc

icata1
Beginner

some official intel moderator selected your answer to my problem as best , and i couldn't reply no more to this thread lol . so thanks for trying to help me but as i wrote above the only fix i found was formating the ssd and instaling the windows again which i already did yesterday.. it took me 10-15minutes and after that i could instal the hd driver through device manager update. i didn't have any important data on it as it's just a web browsing and video streaming laptop...so all good. it just really bugs me that all of a sudden my laptop behaved like that and i couldn't find any answer on web search to why i got that message when trying to update any driver through device manager. i think it is a strange laptop.. as i said i have reinstaled windows ago 2 weeks ago as well on it because the windows ''shadow created'' a administrator user out of nowhere and forbiden me on my main user to use device manager and other stuffs eventho i have admin rights. so i have reinstaled the windows and after 3 days I GOT the same thing happening . i can't find any explanation to why this is occuring only that some weird driver/soft from HP website is causing this cause other stuffs i haven't instaled beside hwinfo crystalmark and some media player that was all. pretty crazy how windows behaves this way , i mean why would you even create a ''administrator'' user without me doing it? and then on my main and only user forbid me to use some windows features? i never encounted this anywhere . the only thing i can thing of it's a virus . but from where ? i only downloaded from hp website and some apps from official websites. i really wonder how long will it take for windows to act like that again i'm retained now to install any stuff again until i figure out what is causing that

0 Kudos