Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

i7 10750h color shifting in Chrome and Edge on fullscreen

MrMuu
Novice

Hello,

I have a MSI GS66 with an I7 10750h and nerly always when I watch a YouTube Video in fullscreen the color shifts when I stop moving the curser and the timeline from YouTube disappears.

As soon as I move the cursor again, the colorprofile is right again. The same happens in Edge, but not in Firefox. ( I changed the MSI True Color profile to Anti-Blue in the attatched pictures, so that you can see the difference better)

The problem doesn't appear when I switch to only the Nvidia Grafics (RTX 2070MQ).

And it disappers as well, when i change the Chrome Settings to Hardwareacceleration off.

But both of them is no proper and acceptable solution.

My Intel UHD Grafics driver is 26.20.100.7642

I also tried changing to the newest official intel driver 27.20.100.9168 but that made it waaay worse. The colorprofiles were changing/ flickering all the time when opening Chrome. Doesn't matter on what website.

Going back to my most current MSI driver from this Laptop didn't solve the problem.

I had to do a System Restore to get rid of it.

This seems to be an old problem as similar problems were already discussed 2017 on this thread:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/UHD620-video-hardware-decoding-cause-inaccurate-color/td-p/628736

I just bought this pretty expensive Laptop and this is not accaptable at all...

Its definitely an Intel driver problem, but as I read the drivers are a kind of a collaboration between Intel and the Manufacturer. Thats the reason my Laoptop says I have the most current drivers, even if 26.20.100.7642 is way older than 27.20.100.9168 right?

Can someone help me?

Last time a new driver was released to solve this problem.... can I hope on this?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello MrMuu, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:   

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".    
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".    
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".    
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).   

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers, follow this link.  

3. Please provide a video replicating this issue so we can see the exact behavior and we can try to replicate it internally. You can use a platform like YouTube and provide a link, or use the option Drag and drop here or browse files to attach.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
MrMuu
Novice

Hi Sebastian,

I attatched all 3 things.

I noticed that not all videos have this behaviour.

Normally ohne video has this problem or not and it comes everytime when the timeline goes away. But with this video it is normal all the time and suddenly at the end it changes. I thought it has maybe also something to do with the video quality or so.

So the right color is the one with the bluefilter and the wrong is the greenish one.

Thanks for the answer and i hope you can find a solution. (I am not the only one with this problem)

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello MrMuu,  

Thank you for your reply. 

Please provide the following additional details: 

• Is it possible for you to download that video (or any other video that shows the behavior) locally and test it?  
  • Additionally, can you do the same test in the web browser, open the task manager, and provide a video of the Processes tab? Please try with and without Hardware acceleration so we can see if there is any difference. 

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
MrMuu
Novice

Hi Sebastian,

I downloaded the video and opened it with VLC player and Windows Media Player. On both the video changes the color as soon as I put them in fullscreen and stop moving the mouse. When I move the mouse, the colors get normal again.

As I said, I think it has something to do with the quality or so, because with the downloaded video, I have this issue from the beginning on. Not like on YouTube, where it starts towards the end.

Can you explain that a little bit better how I should do it with the taskmanager?

When I watch the video and set the taskmanager to always stay in the front, then the screen doesn't change the color.

When I connect a secondary display and show the taskmanager on full screen on the secondary, the screen doesn't change color.

When I have the taskmanager on normal mode on the second screen the problem stays on my Laptop screen, as long as I don't move the mouse over.

So do you want me to open the taskmanager on the second screen and scroll up and down there?

Because there are a lot of processes goining on. Or are only the top processes important to you?

What I just noticed as well is that when I plug in the HDMI cable the screen changes the color (just a littlebit and not like with the videos) as well for maybe 3  seconds, but than goes back to normal. Same is when i unplug the HDMI cable.

But that is no issue (for me).

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello MrMuu,   

We will try to replicate this behavior internally, please kindly wait for an update on this. 

Once we have an update we will post it on this thread.  

Regards,   

Sebastian M   

Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello MrMuu,    

Thank you for patiently waiting. 

We tried replicating this behavior internally and found no issues from our side. We tested with a laptop's built-in display and an external monitor connected to an Intel® NUC. Please check the videos attached. 

Based on that, we believe this problem may be associated with your specific system, for this, you should contact the system manufacturer (OEM) for further assistance with this. 

Any questions, please let me know.  

Regards,    

Sebastian M    

0 Kudos
MrMuu
Novice

Hello Sebastian,

thanks for your efforts.

I contacted the manufacturer and hope they can help me.

Regards,

Philipp M

sad customer

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello MrMuu,   

Thanks for the response. 

We do believe this is something related to your specific system so the OEM should take care of this.  

Based on that, we will close this inquiry. If you need further help, please post a new question and we will gladly assist you. 

Regards,     

Sebastian M     

0 Kudos