Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

i7-2670qm, HD3000 graphics issue.

NJeff
Beginner

Hi.

Recently I've upgraded my laptop i3 with an i7 chip without issues regarding processor. But there's one problem with Nvidia features, nvidia graphics driver seems to be throwing a fit whenever I try to use it's features like ANSEL or change resolution in control panel of nvidia graphics card.

With i3 hd4000 graphics there's no issue at all, I can use nvidia features and change resolution freely so it surely must be hd3000 windows update issue. Is there any chance for an updated hd3000 driver for us windows 10 users?

Cheers.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

HD 3000 graphics are not supported on Windows 10.

The best you can do is to get the driver from here: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=intel+hd+3000+graphics+windows+10 Microsoft Update Catalog

By the way, your Sandy Bridge processor is also not supported on Windows 10.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

HD 3000 graphics are not supported on Windows 10.

The best you can do is to get the driver from here: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=intel+hd+3000+graphics+windows+10 Microsoft Update Catalog

By the way, your Sandy Bridge processor is also not supported on Windows 10.

Doc

0 Kudos
NJeff
Beginner

That was the driver I used for hd3000.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

As I said, neither the processor or graphics is supported on Windows 10.

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello inxftw,

I was checking your thread and would like to know if you need further assistance. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos
NJeff
Beginner

Thank you very much for asking. But so far I understood that there won't be any updates towards hd3000.

Also right now, regarding this issue, there more people thinking that it's nvidia's fault and not outdated graphics drivers.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello inxftw,

That is correct: there will not be any updates for the Intel® HD Graphics 3000 controller.

It is normally suggested to downgrade the operating system to a version supported (in this case, Windows® 8.1, 32-bit, or Windows® 8, 64-bit), but it is also understandable that many customers need to use Windows® 10.

Please let me know if you have any other question.

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello inxftw,

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further assistance. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos