Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

i7-8700 UHD 630 Graphics Driver won't install

FenTigger
Beginner

I'm setting up a new PC with an i7-8700 processor and I only need the on-board graphics. The Windows basic display adapter works, but I want to put audio through HDMI and a friend suggested I install the Intel driver. I installed the Driver and Support Assistant and this identified the necessary Win 10 DCH driver (25.20.100.6471). But it won't install, it says "This installation package is not supported by this processor type". Why not? why can't I find the right driver for this processor and graphics on the Intel site? I've attached various screenshots/ log files that might help diagnose this. Any help gratefully received.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Please download this driver from Intel site https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28435/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers and try to install this driver manually (click twice on the downloaded .exe file).

Leon

0 Kudos
FenTigger
Beginner

No, sorry that gives exactly the same result.

0 Kudos
FenTigger
Beginner

Thanks! The whole chuffing thing's crashed and is resetting, so I'll try that when it's recovered.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello FenTigger, If you are still unable to install the graphics driver after performing the steps recommended on this thread, please let us know. We will be glad to help you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
FenTigger
Beginner

Thanks. Windows had a major crash and reset itself, which appears to have solved the problem and now I can get audio over HDMI.

0 Kudos