Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

i7 8700k internal graphics

MRoja
Beginner

Hi, I bought an i7 8700k and when I installed the latest internal graphics driver (24.20.100.6194) my monitor screen started to flicker and tremble (a lot and I can not control it ), I tested my CPU in two different motherboards (gigabyte z370 gaming 5 and asus z370 maximus x hero) with the same behavior, also I have tried with two different monitors and is same.

is there something that I can do? or is it a defect?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I have seen a number of threads complaining about the same behaviour.

One of the Intel support staff may be able to offer a solution.

Doc

0 Kudos
MRoja
Beginner

Hi Al,

Thanks for your quick response, so Do I have to raise a ticket with Intel support?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Just be patient. The Intel support staff will get to you in turn.

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello mrojas435024,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this matter.

Please, let's check the processor's health by running the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool. Attach the results file.

Have you tested other driver versions? Perhaps version https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27847/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126790 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10, use these steps to ensure the installation: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and...

To attach a file, the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
MRoja
Beginner

Amy,

I tried with the driver versión you sent me, but same result, I attach a video with the result,

as soon as the driver was installed the screen started to flicker and tremble.

And I send you the results file of the Diagnostic Tool.

I hope this help you to find any problem.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for trying the suggestion.

I would like to suggest more things:

• Test the graphics driver for your current motherboard. You should be able to find the driver in their website. If you can confirm which of the models mentioned above you are currently using, I can help searching the driver.
  • Remove the Intel® HD Graphics driver completely, and test the Windows inbox driver. This driver will be automatically installed once you remove the driver mentioned.
  • Update your BIOS version. You need to check with the motherboard's support to confirm if this is necessary and if there are any special steps for the installation.
  • Set your BIOS settings to default.

Can you please let us know more information about the tests you did? Please see below:

1. Provide the monitor models.
  2. Provide the cable brand and model.
  3. What video ports have you tested this far?
  4. Has the processor been overclocked?
  5. Provide yourhttps://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 Download Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* report.

Thank you.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
MRoja
Beginner

I have done everything you told me, but the result is the same, as soon as the intel driver is installed the screen flickers and tremble.

I installed the lastest vga driver in the asus page (for my maximus x hero wifi ac).

I removed all the intel driver.

I updated my bios (1602 latest for my motherboard) and I put optimized defaults.

And here are the information you asked me:

1.- Hp Omen X35

2.- I have been using the cables DisplayPort provided by the monitor, and I have tried with new cables that I bought (Certified DisplayPort Club3d CAC-2068), and in the case of hdmi I have used the cable provided by the monitor and with new platinum hdmi cables that I bought last weekend, and I have a couple of extra cables that I have tested too.

3.- I have been tested with HDMI and Display Port, my motherboard does not have dvi.

4.- No the procesor is not overclocked.

5.- I submitted the report in the intel support page.

Even changing motherboard (at this time I have a maximus x Hero but I changed my z370 aorus gaming 5) the monitor and my tv and changing cables the result still is the same.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for detailed answer.

Can you please try one stick of RAM at a time?

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
MRoja
Beginner

Amy,

I have 2 stick of ram (8 gb each), I tried one at a time.

Same behavior, flicker and tremble.

Thanks.

Manuel

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Manuel,

Can you please try one thing? Please check below for the suggestion:

• Disable some of the cores from your BIOS settings, disable at least two.

One more question, does the computer flicker and tremble while you are in the BIOS screen?

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
MRoja
Beginner

Amy,

I tried with just 1 and 3 cores active. And with the same result flicker and tremble.

No in bios It looks everyting good without a single line and any flicker.

The problem is in windows when I install the intel driver, by default

my computer has the "Generic windows display driver" with that driver

everything is working ok, but in the moment that I install the intel driver

happens this.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Please let me check for more options on this matter, I will update the thread as soon as possible.

Thank you Manuel.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Manuel,

Is there any chance for you to reinstall Windows 10 from scracth? I would recommend to use a different Windows 10 image, you can get it from: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Regards,

Amy C.
0 Kudos
MRoja
Beginner

Amy

I have done that multiple times (6 or 7 times) even I have changed the windows image (windows 10 media creator),

actually this is a fresh windows installation, I don´t have anything but windows.

Thanks.

Manuel

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Manuel,

I have sent you a message, please check your inbox.

Regards,

Amy C.
0 Kudos