Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21074 Discussions

igfxTray.exe was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005) Intel HD 4400

NClyd
Novice

Hello,

I was testing out the new driver for Intel HD 4400 version 15.36.21.4222 and everything seems properly working (no more black screen flickering while playing games.)

When I was playing the game Elsword, a pop up showed up:

This happened when I was changing the resolution (1366x768) to (800x600.)

Now this didn't really affect the game, the game didn't crash and I was still able to play it after I closed the pop-up. igfxTray.exe seems to create this error when changing the resolution of the game.

It only happens to Elsword, I have yet to test it on other games.

Here are my system specs:

Manufacturer: HP

Product ID: HP15r110dx

GPU: Intel HD 4400

CPU: Intel Core i5-4210U

RAM: 6 GB

P.S. I don't want to create another thread for this but I found a bug (I think it's a bug) on the new driver (15.36.21.4222.) When unplugging or plugging the AC adapter on the computer, the display turns black and then turns back to normal. Graphics is unlikely crashing because Event Viewer doesn't show any info.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

How often do you get that error message?

Does it happen only when playing Elsword?

Are you able to change the screen resolution without getting the error message?

Does this happen with customized drivers from your computer manufacturer?

Allan.

NClyd
Novice

Thank you for the reply,

1. How often do you get that error message?

I mostly get this error message when changing the resolution on Elsword.

2. Does it happen only when playing Elsword?

It seems like it, I've tried 4 games to see if the error occurs, none of them gave an error message.

3. Are you able to change the screen resolution without getting the error message?

Only on the 4 games I've tested. Elsword shows this error message most of the time (I've also noticed that when you change the resolution a lot of times, it gives the igfxTray error message more frequently.)

4. Does this happen with customized drivers from your computer manufacturer?

No, it doesn't happen from the customized drivers from my computer manufacter AND the generic drivers from Intel (every update prior to 15.36.21.4222)

0 Kudos
NClyd
Novice

Hmm, as of now I've received another error message about this but it didn't come from the game, the error messaged popped up from another program (Speccy, with the exact same message.)

So far, I've received 4 exact error messages from 4 different programs. Also, it doesn't happen just by changing resolutions but also by performing Alt+Tab while playing a game (happens at random times.)

It's quite likely that the Intel driver is causing this (this error have been occuring for the past few days after updating the graphics card), what I've noticed though is when I run a demanding program and try to open up a third-party program, the error message pops up.

This also happens when I try to open up the Intel Graphics GUI. Giving out the exact error message but with a different process name (the Intel GUI.)

I'll try my best to identify what is the main cause of this.

0 Kudos
NClyd
Novice

It looks like I have found the main issue. nProtect GameGuard seems like it's blocking the igfxTray.exe process because it thinks it is a cheating tool, producing the error message. The same goes to the other applications I opened.

Definitely not an Intel driver issue.

0 Kudos