Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

igfxsrvc.exe on Intel® 82852/82855 Graphics Controller Family

r21
Beginner

hello,

i made a fresh install of windows xp on my system with the latest graphic drivers win2k_xp141950.exe and i have the process igfxsrvc.exe that pop-up without apparent reasons and stay started (it just appears in my process list at some point). it doesn't start at startup, it does start independently when i access the contextual menu on the desktop but then disappear as the contextual menu disappear (and then i removed the intel entries from that contextual menu and it changed nothing on that process popping up) it seems to be link to either screen saver or closing the lid of the laptop and finaly it is started by "C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost -k DcomLaunch" with the command line "C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxsrvc.exe -Embedding".

it does not start when i access the intel graphics preferences window

this process wasn't popping up on my previous install

so what it is? and why does it start? (and if anything what does it do? even if for me it does absolutely nothing since i can kill it without any slight change)

thank you (oh and it is not related - as i read before - to igfxtray.exe since this one is disabled (and so doesn't start) and even though it would start as startup as igfxtray.exe does)

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

For best functionality this service should be left as it is. However, the information about specific files is not meant to be publicly available.

0 Kudos