Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20596 Discussions

incompatible driver igdkmd64.sys

DMH681
Novice

Edition Windows 10 Home Windows 10 May 2021 Update (21H1) I'm trying to turn on  Core Isolation and I'm getting a message that says  igdkmd64.sys Incompatible and will not turn on.  Is there an update to this and where is it?

DMH681

23 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello DMH681, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Is this a new computer?

The core isolation feature, was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Koiman
Beginner

Albert R/Sir:

I am having similar problem with igdkmd64.sys on my home desktop computer.  I have an Intel MB 1671-1672 using Intel I3-3220 CPU@3.3 (bought it used and recently installed it) with MS 21H2 Pro 64 bit OS .  Device security will not activate because of two drivers with same name (but three listed):  version 10.18.10.5161, dated 8/5/2020, Published name oem6.inf and version 10.18.10.4358 dated 12/20/2015, Published name oem10.inf.   I have used the intel driver support app and it did not help as it just reloaded same drivers.  How do I remedy this?  Is it safe to delete these drivers and rely on MS? Do you have updated drivers available?  Thanks in advance.

Koiman

0 Kudos
jimmiami
Beginner

incompatible driver:  igdkmd64.sys

Hello Albert or Intel Moderator,

I am having an issue with my Dell Computer where this driver igdkmd64.sys is coming up as incompatible and not allowing my core isolation to come on. I need my MS Core Isolation turned back on asap. I have attached my computer CPU below for you to see my home pc. 

Please tell me the way to fix this error.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Tintin
Beginner

upgraded from windows 8 to windows10 same incompatible driverswith windows 8 drivers still?with windows 8 drivers still?

0 Kudos
Tintin
Beginner

IMPORTANT

"This update requires 250 MB of free space in the recovery partition to install successfully. If the recovery partition does not have sufficient free space, this update will fail. In this case, you will receive the following error message: 

0x80070643 - ERROR_INSTALL_FAILURE 

To avoid this error or recover from this failure, please follow the Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update and then try installing this update. "

I suspect its a malware injected into RAM to prevent opening the core isolation protect . it makes us vulnerable to hacking if it is turned off. Hackers, scammers on line are free to manipulate our PC, free to abuse our data information like. credit card details etc. also compromising our email password , our social media accounts too...as they are on the background, note that  your PC function very very slow .

Hope you we can communicate this to Microsoft insiders. I cannot use my previous password ,(even wrote it on a piece of paper yet its incorrect.  Need to reset all over again.

0 Kudos
Tintin
Beginner

Please note that KB5034441 is 2024-01  Security update for windows 10 version 22H2 for x64-based system, yet failed to install? that's worrisome.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@Tintin   Your posts make no sense in this context.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Tintin
Beginner

Tried deleting and reinstall drivers nothing happens, still cannot turn on core isolation. same incompatible drivers. maybe you should communicate this with Microsoft insider. I felt its like a disguise to insert malicious malware or something. Tell you, I had tried to format and reinstall many times, but it doesn't help. My worries was every time I hit  caps lock , a sort of sound like Morse code that was like sending signal to whoever...that I am on line. and then when I tried to open a note pad or even an explorer, you can witness that it is typing characters at one point saw a capital  "Q" typing continuously.

Hope you can help,

Thank you

Tin

0 Kudos
DMH681
Novice

sent email reply back to you with all requested info.. Thanks

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello DMH681, Thank you very much for your response.

Just to let you know, one of the purposes of the Intel® forums support is to make the cases visible as well as the solutions, so other peers that are watching the thread and might have the same problem will also have the solution to try it with their systems.

I did not receive your email, If you do not want to share that information publicly, I can always send you an email for you to provide the details in there, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
DMH681
Novice

@Alberto_R_Intel wrote:

Hello DMH681, Thank you very much for your response.

Just to let you know, one of the purposes of the Intel® forums support is to make the cases visible as well as the solutions, so other peers that are watching the thread and might have the same problem will also have the solution to try it with their systems.

I did not receive your email, If you do not want to share that information publicly, I can always send you an email for you to provide the details in there, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Hi Albert, 
Yes, if you could send me an email that I can reply to with the info you requested that would be great.  I'd be happy to share the solution in this forum/community if we find a fix...   

Thanks
DMH681

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi DMH681, Thank you very much for your response.

Sure, no problem at all, I just send you a private email with that same information, please verify your inbox.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
DMH681
Novice

Hi Albert,

I just replied to it with all the info attached from the SSU app.

0 Kudos
DMH681
Novice

I found that file and it is old.  Is there not a newer version?

1 Screenshot 2021-07-04 162425.jpg

0 Kudos
wlamee
Beginner

Hello Albert,

I found this thread when trying to enable Memory Integrity on a (relatively old) Lenovo laptop running Win 10 Pro. I have three times 'igdkmd64.sys' (and had an incompatibility with a Western Digital 'wdcsam64.sys', which I managed to remove)

Please let me know where to send my computer specs so you can send me the right file.

Thanks in advance,

wlamee

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi DMH681, Thank you very much for providing that information and the pictures.

just to let you know, we always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked in HP's website and the latest Intel® Graphics driver they have available is version 20.19.15.5058 Rev.A, please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the links below:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-23-q100-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series-touch/8499724/model/8498818/swItemId/ob-219471-2

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

If the problem persists after that, then we suggest to get in contact directly with HP to confirm if that is the proper driver for your system and also to check if there are Nvidia graphics drivers that need to be installed as well since they are listed on their webpage: 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-23-q100-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series-touch/8499724/model/8498818

Also, we advise to verify with them if the latest BIOS version is currently installed on your system or to gather the instructions o how to install it:

https://support.hp.com/us-en

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello DMH681, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
DMH681
Novice

@Alberto_R_Intel wrote:

Hello DMH681, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

Hi Albert, 

I have gotten no where with this.  It looks like no one has updated drivers and are not going to update them at anytime.   Really makes no sense to me to have a security feature and not keep the drivers for it updated to use it, or at least update the bios.   

The links you provided did not have updates for the intel graphics on this system, but for newer and not the same as mine 4400.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi DMH681, Thank you very much for letting us know those results.

We are sorry to hear the issue with the drivers persists. Keep in mind that the Intel® graphics drivers are generic, which means they might or might not work with your platform so, when using the Intel® drivers some features and functions advertised by HP will not work properly or will not work at all in your computer.

In this case then, the next thing to do will be to get in contact directly with HP to report the issue and request a new updated driver customized by them for your specific system, they should be able to provide further assistance on this matter, confirm if they will release a new driver for your device of if they already have one and if there is a newer BIOS version available for you to install:

https://support.hp.com/us-en

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
DMH681
Novice

Wow I just got off the phone with HP and they are wanting to charge me $50 per month just in order for me to get updated drivers so that I can use a feature they placed as an option in their BIOS settings.. Wow..   Unbelievable...   

0 Kudos