Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

intel Core i7 Laptop cannot detect second monitor

dwk
Beginner

Laptop cannot detect second monitor when attempting to connect through HDMI. I tested the monitor with another laptop and it worked correctly; i also tested the current laptop i'm having the issue with another external display, and it would not connect so I know that the issue is with the laptop itself. When attempting to connect, it displays the message: "No HDMI signal from your device"

Attaching the system information here for reference. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello dwk,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

To better assist you please confirm the following information:

• Was the HDMI* port working properly before?
  • Have you tried a different HDMI* cable?  
  • Were any changes made prior to this behavior?

After checking the report provided I noticed that the driver that you have currently installed is 23.20.16.5018.

When talking about OEM systems it’s worth mentioning that Intel provides generic versions of software and drivers. Your computer manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes. 

That being said, I would recommend checking for updates for the driver from your laptop manufacturer website.

Please give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Esteban D. 

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?   

Please let me know if you need further assistance.   

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician   

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello dwk, 

We have not heard back from you. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician   

0 Kudos