Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21209 Discussions

intel GPU driver 32.0.101.5972: HDR broken on 11th Gen CPUs UHD Graphics 750

Rdalcroft
Novice

Hello

Using HDR on the Igpu:   UHD Graphics 750, I just get flashing pink and green screen all pixelated.

Reverting to the previous driver fixes the issue?

Is there an issue with this driver?

Monitor is: MSI MPG321QRF-QD

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K

HDMI port is being used.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello Rdalcroft,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

To get a better understanding of the issue and be able to provide an effective recommendation, please provide the missing key information here:

We would like to know more about your system details to fully understand where the issue truly lies. Please share the following information below:

1) The previous driver version that works fine after reverting.

2) Were the drivers downloaded and installed manually or using a driver updater tool and from which download site?

3) Is the issue happening when using other video ports such as DP and/or USB-C?

4) Is the behavior only showing while using HDR or is there any specific application(s) where the issue is showing?

5) Please confirm if this is the actual system device that you have: https://www.msi.com/Monitor/Optix-MPG321QRF-QD/Specification.

Additionally, we highly appreciate you sharing your system configuration so we can fully check and provide you with an accurate fix. This could be possible by downloading the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* software. When the download is complete, launch SSU.exe.

• Scan: Check the box Everything.
  • Click Scan.
  • Review: When finished scanning, click Next.
  • Click Save (.txt). Attach the log file as you reply.

I will wait for your reply.

Best regards,

JeanetteC.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

Rdalcroft
Novice

Hello

Thanks for getting back to me, 

1. Previous driver which works is:  32.0.101.5768 with HDR.
2. Driver was downloaded from Intel.  I also tried it through ARC Control.
3. I tried both HDMI only, as these are the only ones available on my Motherboard for the Intel IGPU.
4. Correct only happens as soon as I enable HDR using Win+Alt+B
5. Yes this is the correct Monitor.

Hope this helps!!

Regards

Richard

0 Kudos
Jake5
Beginner

Revert to the previous driver for now, as it resolves the issue, indicating a possible bug in the current one. Update both the Intel Graphics Driver and monitor firmware to their latest versions. Check the monitor's HDR and input settings, and ensure you’re using an HDMI 2.0 or higher cable. If the issue persists, wait for a new driver update from Intel.

Rdalcroft
Novice

Thank you for the suggestions.

Both monitor firmware and driver (not current driver, previous driver, which works with HDR).  are the latest.  My cable is HDMI 2.0.

Yes I think it is best to wait for the next driver release.

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello Rdalcroft,

Thank you for sharing the details. Please proceed with a clean installation of the newly-released Intel® Graphics Driver 32.0.101.5989 and if the issue persists, try using the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) software.

I will wait for your update.

Best regards,

JeanetteC.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

Rdalcroft
Novice

Hello thanks for the info.

I did a clean install, even with DDU but still the same.  I tried a screen capture of it but the recording looked normal, "strange"? so I had to capture it while using my phone:

Had to revert back to: 32.0.101.5768 again which works fine with HDR

0 Kudos