Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20601 Discussions

intel Iris Xe max not working properly

ReubenJackson
Beginner

Hello, 

I have a problem when play war Thunder the game says it is unable to run after about 20 mins unable to recover 3D device please update video drives. however drivers up to date. 

I have looked around online and this seems to happen with older laptops however mine is brand new and is twice as powerful as my old machine which ran it fine at the same graphics settings. Anyone have any ideas on what to do?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
ReubenJackson
Beginner

Yes i have done this but no change it says every thing is fine and up to date on normal iris graphics but says doesn't say on max if it is fully up to date or not. I think it is as i have downloaded the latest driver

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Run the SSU and attach the results as I have suggested.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
ReubenJackson
Beginner

yes done that but when submitting it says page cannot be reached. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ReubenJackson,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Is this issue recent? If so, when did it start?

2. Have you tried with the latest DELL drivers?

3. Have you tried with a clean install of the Intel drivers?

- Driver: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

- Steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

4. Have you tried a clean reinstallation of the game?

5. Have you run the Windows optional updates?

6. Have you reported this issue with DELL?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
ReubenJackson
Beginner

The issue started  on the  21st (when i received the laptop) done everything bar report to dell as i throught it was a intel hardware error. haven't seen anywhere obvious to report it top dell. would that just be on there forums?

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ReubenJackson, 

Thanks for the information provided, in order to proceed further I will appreciate it if you can provide the following:

1. You can contact them via forums, phone, or chat if they have the options. This would be to check if they have any steps for this issue.

2. Have you tried a clean reinstallation of the game?

3. Have you contacted the game developer to check for any compatibility issue with the Intel® Iris® Xe MAX Graphics?

4. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers: 

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ReubenJackson,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
ReubenJackson
Beginner

hello thanks I have rasied the problem with my laptop provider who think it might be a software conflict with some programmes

0 Kudos
limafoxtrot
Novice

HI Reuben - I was getting the same issue with my XE MAX laptop as well - latest drivers seemed to have sorted things out for me.  Hopefully you're running Warthunder well now too!  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ReubenJackson,     

I could see that we have created an internal case that is currently under investigation by higher levels, please kindly refer to that case for more updates on this behavior.   

In this case, we will proceed to close this thread to avoid duplication of effort and the support will continue through the internal case.  

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos