Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

intel UHD 620 Graphics card driver problem

wsabir
Beginner

hi
I have acer swift sf515-51t, recently updated the latest windows 10 version 21H1 since then my intel UHD 620 graphics card driver not working . the only way to use the computer is to disable the device
because enabling the device screen become funny and does not work,
I updated the latest driver from the intel website
I have no idea how to sort this problem out

0 Kudos
13 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @wsabir

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

As an initial approach, we would like to recommend trying a clean installation of the graphics driver in order to discard driver issues.

Since the driver or software for your Intel® component might have been changed or replaced by the computer manufacturer (OEM) ACER*, and considering OEM drivers are handpicked and include customized features and solutions to platform-specific issues, the usual recommendation is to use the OEM driver as the first option. Please follow these steps:

1- Download the latest Acer* driver from this link and save the file on the computer: VGA Driver Version:

2- Disconnect from the internet to make sure the driver will not be automatically updated by Windows.

3- Right-click the Windows Start button. Select Device Manager.

4- Expand the Display adapters section and look for the Intel Graphics entry in Device Manager (e.g.: Intel® UHD Graphics 620).

5- Right-click on Intel Graphics and click Uninstall.

6- In the device removal dialog box, check Delete the driver software for this device and click OK.

7- Restart the computer after the uninstallation is complete.

8- Open Device Manager once more.

9- Very Important: Expand the Display Adapter section again:

• If the graphics entry still displays Intel® UHD Graphics 620 or similar, repeat steps 5-7.
  • If the graphics entry displays Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, run the previously downloaded Acer* file to install the driver.

10- Reboot the computer when prompted.

If the issue persists or if you have any problems installing the Acer* driver, you can repeat the process using the latest Intel® generic driver (.exe file) for testing purposes. You can download the driver from this link: Intel® Graphics DCH Driver Version 30.0.100.9864.

In case the problem continues, please provide us with the following information:

1- Is there any error message when the issue happens? Do you see any error code or error message under Device Manager >> Display Adapters >> Intel® UHD Graphics 620 >> Properties?

2- Have you tested if the behavior occurs with an external monitor using a straight-through connection?

3- Does the issue occur randomly or with specific apps? Can you reproduce the issue if you access the BIOS screen/utility?

4- Run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool to verify that both the processor and the GPU (Graphics Processing Unite) are fine.

To save the report, once the test is done, click on "File >> View Results File" and attach the .txt file to your reply.

5- An Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) report to gather more details about the system. Please follow these steps:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
wsabir
Beginner

Dear Andrew G.

Many thanks for your reply

I have tried all the steps and removed all the driver, downloaded the original driver as soon as i install the driver computer graphics react funny i have attached the picture of it i have also tried 2nd option of driver and no change only option at the moment i have to disable the graphics card in safe mode and restart computer and works as long as it is disabled the moment i enable the graphics card problem start again 

Please see attachments 

Kind regards

Waseem

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello wsabir

Thank you for your response.

Reviewing the images, we noticed that you run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and some of the tests are "Pass". Just for clarification purposes, were you able to complete the full test? Is the final result "Pass" or do you see any "Fail" result? Were you able to save the .txt file with the outcome of the test?

Also, were you able to test if the behavior occurs with an external monitor using a straight-through connection? (for instance, HDMI-to-HDMI).

Since you mentioned the problem started after you "updated the latest Windows* 10 version 21H1", we recommend checking if new Windows* updates are available. If the problem was triggered by a specific update, perhaps Microsoft has released a fix through a new update:

• Open Windows Update settings (Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update).
  • Click Check for updates.
  • Once the update appears, select Download and install now.
  • Restart your device to complete the update installation process.

We would also suggest running a test for the memory RAM. For instance, sometimes, computers have a built-in tool from the manufacturer that allows users to run some tests on the system, including tests for the RAM. Usually, this is loaded from the BIOS or a key during system POST. We recommend reviewing your Computer's User Manual or checking with Acer* Support to see if this option is available on your system and for proper steps.

You may also try a third-party tool to test the RAM. For instance, Memtest86+*, a free, standalone memory testing program.

If no memory errors are found, you may try letting Windows* Update Service install the proper driver from Device Manager. Perhaps a different driver is pushed that may help with this behavior:

• Go to Device Manager >> Video/Display Adapters >> Right-click on Microsoft Basic Display Adapter >> Update driver >> Search automatically for updated driver software.

We hope this helps. Please provide details about the outcome of these tests/steps.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
wsabir
Beginner

Dear Andrew G.

I really apricate  your help and support. I have tried all steps

I am unable to run test on graphics the due to following

Parsing Parallel_PrimeNum.xml
Module GraphicsW.exe Disabled
Running Module Math_PrimeNum.exe -s 45 -resultName Math_PrimeNum_Parallel_PrimeNum_1_Results.txt
Module GraphicsW.exe Not Tested

I can not use computer without disabling the graphics card device 620 hence can not run test having graphics card installed

I have tried  tried using HDMI cable results are same 

discovered as soon as I active the graphics card and installed driver display go funny and computer is not useable

then reboot it in safe mode and disable intel UHD 620 in device manager and reboot computer in normal mode all works ok 

I have done the memory testing all ok

never came across such problem and have no idea what to do

computer is less than two years old and they asking send it by paying £49 diagnostic and then will quote me for fixing price where I am very sure it is a driver problem 

Kind Regards 

Waseem

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello wsabir

Thank you for your response and for all the details.

Please allow us to review this further and we will be posting back as soon as more details are available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
wsabir
Beginner

Hi, 

Andrew G. 

Thank you I shall be waiting for it.

Regards

Waseem

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello wsabir

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

After checking this further, based on all the troubleshooting steps performed and considering you mentioned in your first post that the behavior started after updating "the latest windows 10 version 21H1", at this point our recommendation is to perform a restore from a system restore point in Windows or perform a fresh installation of the operating system (OS).

In the following link, you may find instructions from Microsoft* to different options, for instance: to reinstall Windows 10 or to Restore from a system restore point: Recovery options in Windows*.

Note: We also noticed that in the User's Manual for ACER* SF515-51T there are some steps to restore the computer back to its default status.

Regardless of the option that you decide to try, we highly recommend making sure to back up all your data to external storage and to contact either Microsoft* Support or Acer* Support for proper assistance and guidance before trying these recommendations.

If the issue persists, even when using the generic drivers and in external monitors, the best would be to contact your OEM ACER* directly since the hardware may be defective or it could be a compatibility issue with the OS build and system configuration.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello wsabir

We would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. Were you able to try the restore from a system restore point in Windows or perform a fresh installation of the OS? If yes, did this help to solve the behavior?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
wsabir
Beginner

Andrew G.

No i have not done it yet was busy with work . Thinking to repartitioned the SSD and do the fresh windows installation and see how it goes

as acer as consumer support are useless

thank you 

will update as done

regards

waseem

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello wsabir

Thank you for your response. Ok, no problem. We will keep the thread open so you may share any additional feedback once you test with the fresh OS installation.

For any other inquiries, please don't hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello wsabir

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to try the fresh windows installation. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
wsabir
Beginner

Dear Andrew G.

I have done fresh windows installation of windows 10 same result

even I have installed a fresh copy of windows 11 still same result 

really sorry to say acer service is only to make money for them not help the customer 

thanks very much for your support and i am thinking to give up because it looks to me manufacturing fault

regards

waseem

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello wsabir

Thank you for your response. We are sorry to know that the issue persists even after trying the fresh OS installation and testing Windows* 11.

At this point, what we can recommend is that if you have the chance try to check this further with the manufacturer or with the place of purchase and even to review with them if this could be a hardware issue as you pointed out.

Having said that, we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos