Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

intel dch graphics driver uninstalls itself

sehdev
Beginner

recently every time i turn my pc on again, the intel dch graphics driver uninstalls itself and then i have to download install it again(i do the optional reboot every time and clean installation)

motherboard- gigabyte h110m-h

processor- i5-7400

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @sehdev

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to review further this behavior, could you please provide us with the following details?

1- When you said "the intel dch graphics driver uninstalls itself", what is the exact behavior?

For instance:

• Do you mean the driver uninstalls and then there is no other "older driver" on the system and it is just running the "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" driver?
  • Or, does it mean that the driver is just reverting to a previous driver version (e.g.: as if it is rolling back the driver)?

Please elaborate more on the behavior, you may include screenshots or a short video.

2- What is the driver version experiencing this behavior? Is it the customized driver from Gigabyte* or is it the generic driver from the Intel website?

3- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
sehdev
Beginner

i figured it myself but thanks anyway-

i had earlier overvolted my cpu in an attempt to get more performace out of my non-k intel chip (i5-7400), i had slightly better performance with my fans ramping up n down every 5 seconds which i personally didn't mind much, i just went to bios and lowered the ram and cpu voltage and increased the igpu voltage by 1v each if i remember right

NOTE- for others with the same issue PLEASE DO NOT do what i did unless u too overvolted your cpu/ram because it may have risks i dont know about

0 Kudos
Berric54
Beginner

I have the same problem on my PC.

I update to 3413 and Windows update 2079 .

0 Kudos
Berric54
Beginner

Intel m'offre encore la mise à jour vers Pilote graphique DCH 3413 

et Windows Update le ramène à Pilote UHD graphique 2079

Ça fait plusieurs fois que je fais les mises à jour Intel et Windows Update les défait. 

Merci!

0 Kudos
Berric54
Beginner

intel still offers me the update to graphics driver dch 3413

and windows update brings it back to uhd graphics driver 2079

it's been several times that I do the intel updates and windows update undoes them.

Drag files in order of what happen .

Thank you!

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello sehdev

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Berric54

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Everyone's situation and environment are unique so we kindly recommend creating a new thread to isolate your case and system configuration, please make sure you add the information of the system model and specs, detailed information about the problem that you are having, plus all the information that you have added to this thread, so we can get more information about the problem.

Thank you for your understanding; hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello sehdev

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos