Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

intel display driver color bit depth problem

arafat
Beginner

My display driver's name is intel HD graphics 620, it shows 6-bit color depth. I tried a different version of my driver. color bit depth problem stays the same. when I disable my driver, then it changes into 8-bit color .here is my driver specification

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello arafat

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Regarding this behavior, we would like to recommend you first checking and reporting this issue to your computer manufacturer (OEM) since it is affecting the built-in display. This uses a combination of driver + VBIOS (Video BIOS) to set the proper configuration and the issue may be on their side as well.

Additional steps you may try are as follows:

1- Make sure Windows® is up to date.

2- Check with your OEM if there are BIOS updates that might help with this behavior (e.g. updates for VBIOS).

3- Test with an external display that is known to be 8-bit to see if you have different behavior.

4- Make sure you have the latest customized driver for your system provided by your OEM. If using the Intel® generic drivers, you may try a Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows® 10 and install the OEM driver: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Links to computer manufacturer support websites available in the below link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello arafat

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. Our final recommendation is to report this to your OEM. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos