Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

intel iris xe graphics

Achyutha001
Beginner

hi!

i recently bought a hp laptop

here is the specs of it:-

i5-1135G7 , 8gb ram, 1tb hdd and has iris xe graphics

so recently i encountered with in game problem of having low fps.

i tried uninstalling and re installing my graphics driver. i tried to optimize my hdd

but still i am getting only 1fps. the games are valorant and gta5.

graphics driver version:- 30.0.101.1191

i even kept my games at low resolution but still continued to face with the problem.

Please do consider this problem

thank you!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

Actually, Intel has "considered" this problem since around a year ago and they were unable to replicate this or find a fix... there are two workarounds, rolling back to a previous driver version or switching to an SSD... Other than that, it seems that the topic has been closed by Intel and no real fix is available...

Full information is available here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057695/graphics/graphics-for-8th-generation-intel-processors.html

0 Kudos
Achyutha001
Beginner

thank you for the reply, but for me rolling back to the previous version of the driver doesnt seem to address the performance. So the other thing which is changing from hdd to ssd which i dont want to go for wont be an option. So i would wait  for the official intel team to address my problem.  Thank you for addressing my problem @megan3000 

0 Kudos
Harryincorrect
New Contributor I

Hey! Just wanted to let you know that you needn't change from hdd to ssd, since I have an ssd and still I'm having this issue. I kinda found a tiny fix that worked for me. What I did was update my drivers to a previous version : 30.0.100.9805. If you want to try it out, just go to the Intel Download Center and choose the driver version you want. Mind you, just because it worked for me doesn't mean it would work for you. BTW, resetting your pc doesn't work, atleast for me, in case you gonna try that out. Also, if possible, test it out on a bunch of other games. Currently, I'm having the issue on all games except fortnite.

0 Kudos
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

"you needn't change from hdd to ssd, since I have an ssd and still I'm having this issue"

This may be true... that's why I said "workaround" instead of saying "solution"... In fact, I think this is also why Intel hasn't provided a direct answer saying the solution is "this and this..." and instead they just say "users have reported this and this helped"...

rolling back the driver to the previous version or changing from hdd to ssd are the most common workarounds that have gotten most visibility confirm that they helped with the issue... Certainly, it is not a confirmed solution and it may not work for everyone...

I personally won't buy an SSD just to test if I can play a video game... the test "switching to an SSD" would be for scenarios when one has an SSD handy to test...

On Intel's website there is still a long list of drivers...  @Achyutha001, if you're willing to try 30.0.100.9805 (as suggested by @Harryincorrect ) and other drivers in the list... then go ahead and share any feedback...

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Achyutha001,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. 

In this case, it is important for you to know that this is a known issue and a team is working on trying to solve it. Our recommendation is to keep checking the community thread opened on this topic where you can share your experience with other community members and get recommendations from them. 

https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Valorant-Driver-Compatibility-Issues-UHD-620/m-p/1213635#M90233

Hope this information is useful, if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards,

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Achyutha001
Beginner

thank you @megan3000 @JosueO_Intel for the ur replies. it was very helpful

0 Kudos
Achyutha001
Beginner

hey @JosueO_Intel the one im talking about is iris xe graphics and you have posted about intel uhd can you please send me iris xe one?

0 Kudos
Harryincorrect
New Contributor I

@Achyutha001 It's applicable to all intel graphics cards that are supported. When you download a new driver from the website, you are not only downloading drivers for your graphics card but also for other intel graphics cards like uhd,hd etc. The installation application installs the driver suitable by default.

0 Kudos
Achyutha001
Beginner

thank you @megan3000 @Harryincorrect @JosueO_Intel i changed my graphic driver version and its working right now

the graphic driver version is30.0.100.9805. it is coming as smooth as it used to come before. thank you so much

0 Kudos
Harryincorrect
New Contributor I
0 Kudos