Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

intel uhd graphics not displaying at 1440p, computer set at 1080p

jimb0h54
Beginner

So I own an Acer XC-840 PC with Intel Pentium Silver Processor and the device says the max resolution is 1080p at 60 frames, but when I enter the Graphics Command Centre it recognises that my monitor goes all the way up to 3820 x 2180 (4k, 60hz refresh rate) since I own an Acer Nitro Monitor, it doesn't let me change the resolution to 1440p even though you can set custom resolutions in the Command Centre and doesn't have the option to adjust the refresh rate.

Now I have seen some other posts about this with the resolution to the problem saying that this can be fixed or changed with using a display port wire rather than using HDMI which can limit how high the resolution can be put up to, and I am waiting to test if this is the case but in the meantime I am just wondering if it is simply the system requirements simply being too low to allow these resolutions. Can anybody give me some advice as to what to do about this?

Cheers,

James

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello jimb0h54,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

To have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• Are you able to set the resolution at 3820 x 2180 native resolution?
  • Did the unit use to work at the 1440p resolution before?
  • Are you using any type of adapter?
  • Create a report using the following applications:

• Intel® Graphics Command Center:
    • Open the Intel Graphics Command Center
    • Navigate to the Support tab
    • Select System Diagnostic
    • Click Generate Report
    • Select Save and name the output file.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello jimb0h54,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello @jimb0h54,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos