Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21094 Discussions

issues with GUNNIR A380 Photon when I update driver 4644 to 4953

Hiram
Beginner
The new driver cause decode performance drop.and some other issues like bios resolution locked at 640x480 (for HDMI,DP not try)when I choose uefi boot but csm is fine.Once I install A380,the IGPU UHD770 can’t get into BIOS it is fully black screen.I wanna rollback. I DDU the drivers and reinstall old driver but nothing changed.I even use a new disk to install win11,but issues still the same.My platform is msi z790 pro A DDR4 wifi with 13900K. I try my second pc maxsun 11800H modt,the platform never used any arc gpu and I never install any Xe driver but the issues still the same.
It seems that 4953 driver changes A380 vbios because I see the oprom contain new vbios for A380 photon.this gonna make sense why I can’t fix issues by reinstall drivers or system.
I need help!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Hiram

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities.

We need to keep one issue per thread so we can troubleshoot and aks for information accordingly so we will take of the performance drop when decoding and please open another thread in case you are still experiencing issues with your BIOS.

As for the decoding issue, please let us know the app or apps experiencing this problem and if possible a short video showing the decoding graphs from the task manager.

I would also advise that you retest with our latest driver which is version 31.0.101.4972, you can use DDU before the installation.

if the issue continues, please share with us a log file from the Intel® System Support Utility so we can check your system spec for more details.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hiram
Beginner
Issues probably caused by driver only update oprom code version.But data version was old.can not retrieve by installing old driver or update by latest driver.
0 Kudos
Hiram
Beginner
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Hiram

Please note that we do not support the tool that you are using, Arc Firmware tool is not an Intel official software and the firmware cannot be downgraded by going to a previous driver if you try to modify or downgrade the firmware it would be at your own risk but the GPU can be damaged.

We can help with the performance issue while decoding that you reported, so please let us know the information related to the app or apps that you notice low performance and share more details about the issue.

Based on the log file you shared, I see the driver is the latest version, Did you install it using DDU, if not, it is recommended that you uninstall it with DDU and reinstall it. Also, please check the firmware version currently installed on the system by going to Arc Control, clicking on the gear icon on the top left, and going to system information.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hiram
Beginner
I try ddu but doesn’t fix it even reinstall windows. I have try 11th platform,issues still the same. Bios resolution is locked at 640x480 on UEFI, CSM is ok And decode performance still bad.
test video hevc 10bit 8K 120FPS 320M 9gb file
Use Microsoft movie and tv app.Before I update driver from 4644 to 4953, video decode was perfect, very smoothly.After updating, I have some taskmanager screen captures to show the issue. http://101.43.27.166/#s/96MkiZlA
I find a solution for it.
Install outdated driver like 4255 which doesn’t contain any arc-related software.Only use a380 for decode and DG1 output hdmi signal to monitor.Test video plays smoothly again!
I know the video is too hard for A380 to decode.but a380 is capable of doing it even RTX 3090 can’t.So that why I love ARC GPU.The media engine is great but this issue makes me feel frustrated
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Hiram

We might need to test this and check if we can reproduce the issue, by any chance do you have a link to the test video file you are using? In addition as previously requested, please let us know the firmware version installed on your GPU you can check it on Arc Control.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hiram
Beginner
0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Hiram,

Thank you for your answer.

I try to open the link to see the video, but seems the page is restricted, please share one more time the video since this will help us to reproduce the issue, you can attach it directly to the thread or use another cloud.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Hiram
Beginner
OneDrive
https://1drv.ms/v/c/f4b3eee4d85736cd/ETJiHZUl3i5BvdUnbp8zSpUBoSAnTOTi0h4_z3O49kvwJA?e=bIfWSo

By the way,today my monitor is back from repair. I try DisplayPort to find out that the bios resolution issue only happens when you are using uefi boot and hdmi output but csm is fine.
DisplayPort is OK,but A380 is still conflicted with IGPU when using IGPU enter bios setup through DisplayPort still black screen.Maybe I hope this can be fixed by new driver.
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Hiram

Thank you for sharing the video. We investigate the issue and let you once we have more information. As mentioned in one of our previous posts, we are focusing on this thread in the deciding performance issue, as for the resolution performance problem you might need to contact your motherboard manufacturer for more information or you can pen a new thread so we can troubleshoot that specific problem. We will post back once we have an update.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Hiram

We were trying to test and check if we could reproduce this issue in our lab, however, both the links from Mega and Onedrive are not working, Is it possible to provide a new link with the test video? Or is this video available on any other website?

In addition, please re-test with the latest driver 31.0.101.5081, and check if the same issue still happens.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Hiram

Please let us know if you were able to retest with our latest driver and water if the issue still happens, if so, please share with us a new link to the sample video so we can continue testing.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Hiram

We have not received a response from you so we will be closing this thread. We hope the latest driver we released helped to resolve this issue. If you are still experiencing performance issues when decoding videos feel free to open a new topic.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos