Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

main screen is not working any more

JeanGrenoble
Beginner

HI,

first I apologize but english is not my natural langage and I am 67 !

I have a Dynabook Satellite PRO with Intel UHD graphics (it is 2 months old !). I have main screen and a second LCD display on the HDMI connector.

For 3 days, main screen is black. In the Windows parameters, it is as if I have only one display : I am unable to see another option than 'SyncMaster connected to Intel Graphics UHD'.

My first question is : can Intel UHD graphics manage 2 screens and then it is out of order or is there a second graphics chip in the computer and it is this chip that is out of order ?

second question is : may be that the problem occurs just after a windows 10 update. Is it possible ?

Thanks in advance

Jean in Grenoble (France)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

JeanGrenoble, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

No need to apologize. In order to answer your questions with the most accurate response, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system first:

What is the model of the LCD display?

Was the LCD monitor working fine before being connected to this specific laptop?

Are you using adapters or converters to connect the display to the laptop?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this issue?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment? 

Please attach the SSU and Intel® graphics report, so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello JeanGrenoble, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello JeanGrenoble, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
JeanGrenoble
Beginner

I couldn't answer to you because it was a hardware problem and I had to send the computer back to Dynabook. It came back ok but W10 fas been reinitialized and it took me 2 days to restore backup files ...

Thank you to all of you !

Jean

0 Kudos