Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

my brightness is changing automatically

blackend
Beginner
i have a problem with my intel graphics

its like that for a lot of months and im tierd
ive been deleted things from my computer because my space was full, and i deleted by mistake the "intel graphics" and i dont know how to get it back. the problem is that the brightness on my screen is changing automatically. for example: if there is a lot of blackness on my screen, my brightness would be 25/100 (not a lot of bright), and if all the screen is white, my screen would be 100/100 (a lot of bright)
how to fix that?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So we can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

0 Kudos
blackend
Beginner

wait, i opened the link, where i need to click now?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User
0 Kudos
blackend
Beginner

this is what its showing me when im trying to upload here the file that i download:

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello blackend, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, we would like to have more information about your system, please follow these steps to attach the report to this thread:  

1. Download the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU), run it and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach). Please note that only one file can be attached at a time. 

2. In case you are still unable to provide this report, please provide the following: 

• System's brand and full model number. 
  • Processor's model number. 
  • Operating System edition and version, follow this link
  • Intel® graphics driver version: 
    • Start > Control Panel 
    • Select Device Manager from the list (switch View by to Small Icons if needed) 
    • Expand the Display Adapter section and Right-click > Properties on your Intel® Display Adapter 
    • Navigate to the Driver tab and note the Driver Version presented 

3. Did the brightness issue appear on your screen after you uninstalled the Intel® graphics driver? Or this has been an issue before that?  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello blackend,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello blackend,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos