Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

opengl error

DavidSD
Beginner

Hi 

I use Salome platform to do meshing and visualize simulation results, in the last few days something happened and it stopped working and I see this error

Error! OpenGL context reports version 4.6 but does not export required functions for 4.5 (glGetnTexImage)

I've downloaded the intel SSU and attached the report. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @DavidSD

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Reviewing the Intel SSU report, we noticed that this computer has a dual-graphics configuration (Intel + Nvidia) and it is running Windows® 11. We noticed that the system is running an old driver version "27.20.100.9778". Drivers starting with the Identifier number 30 are the ones that include support for Windows 11 (e.g.: 30.0.xxx.xxxx), so we would recommend first updating the graphics drivers to see if this helps with this issue.

Windows® 11 may require customized drivers from your computer manufacturer (OEM) in order for the device to work properly.

OEM drivers are handpicked and include customized features and solutions to platform-specific issues. The driver or software for your Intel® component might have been changed or replaced by the computer manufacturer, therefore, the recommendation is to use the OEM drivers as the first option.

Please perform a Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows* using the customized MSI* driver for Windows* 11:

You may start the process from Step 5. During the process, please make sure all steps are followed, including disconnecting from the Internet and making sure you get to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter before trying to install the graphics driver.

We would also recommend checking with ASUS* Support if you need to update the driver for the NVIDIA* Graphics controller so they may provide you with proper guidance.

Also, it is worth mentioning that OpenGL* drivers must be installed separately, and are only distributed with the game or application that requires it. We recommend contacting the software publisher if a necessary API (e.g.: OpenGL) isn’t included or is missing, so they may help you to verify this information.

If the behavior persists, in order to check this further, please confirm the following information:

1- Since this system has a dual-graphics configuration (Intel + Nvidia), could you please provide us with details on how you determined the issue is due to the Intel® Graphics Controller and not with the NVIDIA* Graphics? (Please note that the "OpenGL rendering tasks" could be performed also by the discrete graphics Nvidia...).

2- Have you tested if the behavior occurs using only the Intel® Graphics Controller? For instance, you may try disabling the Nvidia Graphics and test using only the Intel integrated graphics. For this task, we recommend contacting your OEM MSI* for proper guidance.

3- When you said "in the last few days something happened", were there any hardware or software changes that could trigger the issue? (For instance, Windows, BIOS, drivers, or software updates?)

4- Is the error message popping up when you try to launch the application? Is this avoiding the app to be launched and run? Could you please provide some screenshots of the error?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello DavidSD

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello DavidSD

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
DavidSD
Beginner

Thanks for your help and sorry for the delay, 

I did all the steps mentioned above and couldn't fix it, however by installing a previous version of the program the issue was resolved, I still don't know why it stopped working. The only change was an update to the NVIDIA driver, I did disabled NVIDIA and tried to run the program using the integrated graphics and didnt work either. 

The reason i thought the problem was Intel was because of the error message: Error! OpenGL context reports version 4.6 but does not export required functions for 4.5 (glGetnTexImage) Please report this issue to OpenGL driver vendor 'intel'

If someone out there is having the same problem with Salome 9.7 just install the 9.5 version as a workaround

0 Kudos