Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

opengl

Windows
Beginner

does intel 3000 graphics support opengl 6.5

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

Then, you have a problem.   If you are a desktop, you can try adding an older nvidia card (like a 750 or 1050), or you can upgrade to a new(er) system that supports windows 10.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

View solution in original post

8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

No.  Only OpenGL 3.1.

Windows
Beginner

but i want to run minecraft 1.17 and it needs opengl 6.5

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Then, you have a problem.   If you are a desktop, you can try adding an older nvidia card (like a 750 or 1050), or you can upgrade to a new(er) system that supports windows 10.

Windows
Beginner

does intel 3000 graphics support opengl 4.5 then?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

No, just OpenGL 3.1.

Windows
Beginner

i dont have any idea so i will accept replacing laptop with nvidia is the solution

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

No, you can only ADD an nvidia card to a desktop.   If you have a laptop, there is nothing you can do, especially with one that old.

Sorry, if you want to play current games and have opengl and windows 10 support, then you need to replace your hardware.

AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Windows

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. We hope that the assistance provided by the community has been helpful.

Also, we would like to inform you that due to the Intel® HD Graphics 3000 has been discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request.

You can verify this product's discontinuance status at the following links:

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos