Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

problems whit installation Intel® Graphics - Windows® DCH Drivers

MJ230585
Beginner

I have tried for several times to installing the newest DCH drivers, but every time it failed.

When I go to the Intel website, I'll download the program for installation, but when it appeared on my desktop, I only see the start screen of the program. Also, I see that my cursor changed into a blue whirling circle, so I can't click on 'start installation'. Even the program used a lot of my processor capacity / GPU. What can I do to complete the installation?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Geeooff
New Contributor I

If Windows Media Player is installed, you can just run the same Installer you tried to run before. This time it will show some sort of lightning animation and you will be able to click the button.

Intel will probably find a way to fix this in a future release... I hope.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
MJ230585
Beginner

Here are the scan results from SSU from my laptop. I hope you can find a solution

0 Kudos
MJ230585
Beginner

Dear Al Hill,

do you know what's going wrong with the installation of the DCH Graphic drivers? I still have the same problem and I'll get the same notifications for the upgrade. And every time I try it, it failed

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Only the Intel support engineers understand the madness surrounding the graphic drivers and their installation.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
Geeooff
New Contributor I

Problem described here:
Re: Memory leak while trying to install Intel Graphics BETA Windows 10 DCH Drivers - 30.0.100.9667 - Intel Community

TL;DR

Windows Media Player is a requirement to use the EXE Installer. Don't forget to kill any Installer.exe remaining processes before retrying, they will eat all your memory.

0 Kudos
MJ230585
Beginner

But how I can installing by using Windows media player? i never heard about that option? Can you tell me how that works, dear Geeoff

0 Kudos
Geeooff
New Contributor I

Right Click on Start Button > App & Features > Optional features > Add a feature > Windows Media Player

Screenshot 2021-07-20 170204.jpg

0 Kudos
MJ230585
Beginner

Dear Geeoff,

I have followed the steps for installing Windows Media Player, can I start with the installation of the Intel DCH driver update, at the normal way? Or must I do something else?

0 Kudos
Geeooff
New Contributor I

If Windows Media Player is installed, you can just run the same Installer you tried to run before. This time it will show some sort of lightning animation and you will be able to click the button.

Intel will probably find a way to fix this in a future release... I hope.