Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

"Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware"

idata
Employee

I used to get the error message "the rendering device has been lost" when playing some games on my laptop. After updating my drivers, and trying the TdrDelay registry fix, I now get a new error saying that the "application has been blocked from accessing the graphics hardware." I run an intel hd 5500 graphics driver with Windows 10. What can I do to fix this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, Gavis1010:

I would like to gather some information in order to address this matter, so please download the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility, and attach it, with this report I will be able to confirm some of that information. I would also like to know what is the application that is triggering this error message and if the system worked before.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Gavis1010:

I just wanted to check on your thread; were you able to track this down? If the issue still persists, please reply back with the information requested above.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos