Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20709 Discussions

"Intel HD Graphics has stopped working and has recovered" on Windows 10 intel 4600

AAlej4
Beginner

I have an intel core i5 4670k with intel HD Graphics 4600 and ever since I pugraded to Windows 10, my screen freezes from time to time displaying a message that the graphics for windows 8.1 had stopped working and had recovered, I get it almost every time I play League of Legends, my drivers are supposed to be updated, I have these specs, If you guys need anything else, please tell me, thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BBolt1
Beginner

I'm glad this issue is just not me. I have the i5 4670k and experience the same as the you.

I'm very frustrated with the 4600 driver and Windows 10, i hope the next version fixes these issues.

0 Kudos
CToma1
Beginner

I have the same problem, for the same game. It's hard to launch and use Skype too. I installed the beta driver for windows 10 but no one amelioration. Just waiting the next update...

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

All:

This information is intended to all Windows 10 users that are experiencing issues with a supported Intel® Graphics Controller (http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm supported graphics)

/message/321854# 321854 Re: -NEW- Intel® Iris™, Iris™ Pro, and HD Graphics Production Driver for Windows* 10 64-bit 15.40.4.64.4256

See post # 93

Allan.

0 Kudos
RSing23
Beginner

I have this same problem with my Intel HD Graphics 4400 and tried many processes to resolve this issue but failed. At last I decided to dig the things up and It worked for me.

Go to Desktop ->

Right Click ->

Graphics Properties ->

Click on 3D ->

Then Disable Application Optimal Mode ->

Turn Off Multi-Sample Anti-Aliasing ->

Turn Off Conservative Morphological Anti-Aliasing ->

Check Quality under General Settings ->

Then Click on Apply ->

Close all the Windows and Restart your Computer.

Hope this will work for you also.

Note: I only have Intel Graphics Adapter in My PC so don't know if it also works with nVidia as nVidia will have different settings from Intel but you can try adjusting 3D settings in nVidia also. 😉