Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20776 Discussions

"No Audio Device is Installed"

Chaiwallah
Beginner

For the last two days I've been having audio problems. My audio devices disappear. I have an Acer Predator Helios (2022) laptop with Windows 11 (which I feel is a factor) and Intel Driver and Support Assistant installed. The laptop has dual graphics processors, Intel Iris XE graphics and an Nvidia RTX 3060 gpu. I want to use the Nvidia processor exclusively but keep getting messages from IDSA that I need to update the Intel graphics, though I have made the selection in Nvidia Control Panel which gets overridden from time to time. Anyway, apparently what's happening is when I update Intel Smart Sound Technology, my "audio devices" disappear and I have no sound. The only solution I've found is to reinstall the Realtek Audio Driver, but then I'm notified that I have to update my ARC Control and the problem begins again. There seems to be a conflict somewhere but I can't identify it. I've downgraded ARC Control and IDSA from automatic to manual startup. Hopefully I'll stop getting inundated with notifications to update the driver(s).

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

AFAIAC, you shouldn't be running IDSA on your laptop at all. In this case, it looks like there are conflicts between the Intel-generic and (Acer) platform-specific drivers. Uninstall IDSA.

Just saying,

...S

0 Kudos
WSA113
Beginner

No Audio Device is Installed"

0 Kudos