Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

recommended kernel release for ARC770

sycl-developer
New Contributor I

What is the recommended kernel release for Intel ARC 770 GPU ?

Admins reported that

Intel kernel package (DKMS) will not build with 16.1.0-1007-oem. Underlying problem: the intel-i19-dkms package complains about the kernel release text being unparsable. 

xpu-smi diag  -d 0 --singletest 1
+-------------------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Device ID               | 0                                                                      |
+-------------------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Performance Computation | Result: Fail                                                           |
|                         | Message: Error in zeCommandQueueExecuteCommandLists()                  |

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sycl-developer
New Contributor I

Admins also reported that installing the 6.2-rc6 kernel or latest 6.2 kernel does not help.  There is a version check in intel-dkms that won't let that work.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sycl-developer
New Contributor I

Admins also reported that installing the 6.2-rc6 kernel or latest 6.2 kernel does not help.  There is a version check in intel-dkms that won't let that work.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello sycl-developer

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are facing issues trying to install the Linux kernel for your Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics system.

I see this thread marked as resolved, so please let us know if you need further assistance, however, I want to share with you that the compatible Linux Kernel for Ubuntu 22.04 would be 5.17.0-1020 OEM. You can find installation instructions in the following article:

Where Can I Find Linux Drivers for Intel® Arc™ Graphics?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello sycl-developer

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
zjin-lcf
Beginner

Sorry, I didn't reply your answer last week. Thank you for the answer. The ticket is closed.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello zjin-lcf

Thank you for the confirmation and for letting us know the thread is resolved.

Since there are no further questions, this thread will be closed. If you need further assistance, please open a new topic as this there will no longer be monitored.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos