Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

serious banding issues but only on some screens.

ATibe
Beginner

Hi,

I've got some serious color-reproduction issues with a Dell Precision 5510 (with an nVidia M1000M GPU; all physical outputs are managed by the Intel GPU so no, it can't be deactivated, not even for testing purposes).

The problem is clearly visible in the two bottom monitors (C and A) in the attachment showing the corner of 4 adjacent screens. The four screens are all same model: Dell UP2516D. Here's how they are connected:

precision 5510<--->thunderbolt<--->Dell TB16

/---miniDP---->A Dell UP2516D--->B Dell UP2516D

TB16--+---DP--->C Dell UP2516D

\---USB 3--->USB CableMaster HDMI-->D Dell UP2516D

monitors on the photo:

D | B

--+--

C | A

the issue appears even after clean install of the OS.

_DSC7149.jpg

additional info:

intel diag.PNG

Beside that it looks like the driver insists on modifying some colors (notably on the grays, especially the dark/gray ones) even after disabling every image enhancement option available in the driver.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
28 Replies
RonaldM_Intel

Hi @ATibe​ ,

I was reading this question, and the issue you are experiencing has a similarity with the one reported here, which makes me wonder if the same fix would help in your situation.

More so, in the reports that you have provided I see that you have used drivers: 25.20.100.6373 and 23.20.16.4973 (validated by Dell), and yet I believe the aforementioned fix is included in driver 25.20.100.6444 (and newer).

At this point I would suggest testing with our latest generic driver version 25.20.100.6618 available here (Note: since your computer has not received yet a DCH driver you should ONLY use the .exe installation method - This is the recommended installation method when upgrading from Legacy to DCH drivers. Refer to this link for more information). 

Please keep in mind that this is a generic driver, thus it may not install on your branded computer. This is because Intel supplies our OEMs with drivers that support all platform and OS configurations intended for those specific drivers. Intel also provides generic drivers to the public through our website for test purposes but targeted only for the majority of those configurations which we validate internally, not all.

It is up to the OEMs to customize the Intel Graphics drivers for the remaining OS and unique configurations they sell, validate, and make them available to users through their own websites. If someone is using an OEM product (laptop, PC, motherboard) and cannot find drivers to support those products, we advise bringing this to the OEMs attention so they're aware there's a gap in support.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
ATibe
Beginner

@Ronald_Intel​ if I try to install the file you linked I obtain the following message (after files' extraction): This installation package is not supported by this processor type.

If I try to follow the link to the post about the similar problem:

OOPS!

Something went wrong

The page you requested has moved or doesn't exist. If you

followed a link, it's probably broken - but don't worry we've

already reported it.

In the meantime , why not take a look around

going to uninstall "old legacy" driver before installing DCH and if it doesn't work I will try if I can install version 25.20.100.6444

0 Kudos
ATibe
Beginner

@Ronald_Intel​ same error with both version of the driver even after removing previous driver.

0 Kudos
ATibe
Beginner

@Ronald_Intel​ installed the driver under my second OS instance and it solved the bug.

Now I have to understand why it wonìt install on my employer-manages OS with "package not supported erroe"

@diego.sanchez1​ I hope this is proof enough that it's not a Dell HW-related issue.

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Alessandro, Thank you for your response. I am glad to hear the Bug has been solved after the second OS instance. Let us verify what else can be done for your employer-manager computer. Is that computer under the same settings and environment as the previous one? I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
ATibe
Beginner

@diego.sanchez1​ , @Ronald_Intel​ after trying to remove old driver and installing DCH in my company-supported Windows OS, the only driver I'm able to install is the Dell one while in the past I was able to install the one (legacy) the one downloaded from Intel.

Looks like something somewhere (registry) is failing some check. Any clue?

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Alessandro, Thank you for your response. As shared before we are very glad to hear that the issue has been fixed on the first system after installing the driver under your second OS instance. Since there is an ongoing issue with the secondary system (employer-manager computer.) we will need you to create a new thread in order to troubleshoot that system as does not have same environment as the one that is actually fixed. In the new ticket please provide us with the following: Latest Intel® System Support Utility for Windows: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Template for submitting a Graphics bug: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490AGdSAM/important-template-for-submitting-a-graphics-bug?language=en_US Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics-drivers.html?_ga=2.167917729.1495237983.1553793252-1236679467.1540406824 DxDiag Report : In Windows, select Start and enter dxdiag into the search box on the taskbar. Select dxdiag from the results. In the tool, select Save All Information for an easily shared format. Also please submit all your details here: 1. Issue description: [Clear description of the problem] 2. Steps to replicate the issue (step by step): 1. 2. 3. Expected Result: [description of what is supposed to happen when performing above steps] Actual Result: [description of what is the actual result. It can match the issue description] 3. Report driver(s) versions tested, noting fail vs. pass: Example: [15.40.28.4501] = fails (i.e. issue occurs) [15.40.24.4331] = pass (i.e. issue not occurs) 4. Additional Hardware details from system: Cable types tested(Include model numbers): Adapters used (include type and model): Display mode [single, extended, clone]: I really hope this helps. Regards, Diego Sanchez Campos. Intel (R)Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
ATibe
Beginner

Hi @diego.sanchez1​ and thanks for your answer! My system will be replaced in max 3 weeks with a new one. I will open a new ticket if I face the same issue on the new one.

Regards,

Alessandro

0 Kudos