Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

the screen goes off the edges

Ozman1
Beginner
I have an LCD TV screen as a second screen, and the image goes out of the edges, for example the icons are in the middle as well as the taskbar and the application windows, the resolution is 1920x1080
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Check your TV settings for something like "natural" or "native".

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Waiting for Windows 12]

0 Kudos
Ozman1
Beginner
The same thing happens when I change TV settings, the edges are not visible
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Since you haven't said, I am presuming that you have a laptop/system that only has an Intel Graphics engine. This solution only applies if this is the case (or if the monitor in question is connected to the Intel Graphics engine).

What you need to do is go into the Intel Graphics Command Center app and configure the Intel Graphics engine to scale the image being sent to this monitor. Let's try and walk you through this...

1. Open the Intel Graphics Command Center app. This app should have been added to your Start Menu automatically.
  2. Using the vertical menu on the left-hand side, select Display.
  3. In the Connected Displays diagram, select (click on) the monitor with the problem.
  4. Change the setting for the Scale parameter to Custom. If there is no Custom option, then quit now, as you cannot use this method to affect a change.
  5. Selecting Custom should result in a Custom Scaling window opening on the left-hand side of the app's display.
  6. Use the horizontal and vertical sliders on the image shown in this window to Scale (reduce) the horizontal and vertical size of the image being sent to this monitor. Stop when the entire image will fit onto the actual monitor's screen.
  7. Click on the X in the top-right corner of the Custom Scaling window to close it.
  8. Click on the Apply button in the top-right corner of the main Intel Graphics Command Center app's window.
  9. You are done; you can close the Intel Graphics Command Center app. The scaling you have applied will be maintained on this monitor until you use the app to change it again.

Hope this does the trick,

...S

0 Kudos